TSA SAT Flying given to G-Jets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AirCobra said:
I have no stake in this but it seems to me many regional airline pilots had no trouble taking flying away from United mainline flying on shorter routes keeping United pilots on furlough longer (SAT used to be a United 737), had no trouble flying AWAC routes for United at O'Hare when your management unbid AWAC, and now the same is happening to you and you cry injustice. Did a United or AWAC pilot ever turn you down for a jumpseat? Maybe they should have. Sometimes you need to look at the plank in your own eye before looking at the speck in your brothers eye.

That is a complete utterly useless post! The regionals on any level, didnt take flying from United. HELLO we are a connection for them....meaning United Decided to outsorce the flying to the new companies...and just as easily when it deems feesable (if ever) it will put a larger plane back on it!
IND-ORD used to be 757. The routes dont matter. The problem is not underbidding, it still gets bac to TSA management, that has an operable airline and offered SH!t wages to operate a 70seater. Instead of re-negotiating when the pilot group stood their ground, they created alter ego. and now the ones who cared about their job in the first place are getting screwed

Actually Aircobra's post is dead on. Also it's probably the reason you are still at a regional. You can look at Gjet which ever way you want to spin it. If it wasn't cheaper to use you guys or Gjet, United would still have mainline jets flying United routes.

WSurf said:
Yeaaaaa baby!!!! Nice!

And AWAC is now doing a whole lot of USAirways flying. TSA is doing a lot less USAirways flying. Are you angry at AWAC for "stealing" AAA contract flying (which was "stolen" from PDT,PSA,ALG)? I'm not. More power to 'em.

I'd rather "lose" flying to AWAC than lose flying to GJ.

As for the Mainline/Regional peeing contest (...and who is stealing YOUR flying?), that has been debated ad nauseum.

mrvmo said:
Actually Aircobra's post is dead on. Also it's probably the reason you are still at a regional. You can look at Gjet which ever way you want to spin it. If it wasn't cheaper to use you guys or Gjet, United would still have mainline jets flying United routes.

You're right. In a perfect world all flying would be done by Mainline carriers, unfortunately this is not the case.

mrvmo said:

And would be completely out of business.

AirCobra said:
I have no stake in this but it seems to me many regional airline pilots had no trouble taking flying away from United mainline flying on shorter routes keeping United pilots on furlough longer (SAT used to be a United 737), had no trouble flying AWAC routes for United at O'Hare when your management unbid AWAC, and now the same is happening to you and you cry injustice. Did a United or AWAC pilot ever turn you down for a jumpseat? Maybe they should have. Sometimes you need to look at the plank in your own eye before looking at the speck in your brothers eye.
Well put my versed friend!

San Antonio, TX (SAT) to New Orleans, LA (MSY)
142.80 USD per personLegFlight infoDateDepartArriveStops1United Airlines 7886
(Operated by United Express/Go Jet) Everyday low fares Aug 1010:09 am SAT11:30 am MSYNon-stop
clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

142.80 USD per personLegFlight infoDateDepartArriveStops1United Airlines 7883
(Operated by United Express/Go Jet) Everyday low fares Aug 107:39 pm SAT9:09 pm MSYNon-stop
clear.gif

Latest resources

Back