Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
boulevard said:
Red,

. When the company creates a new problem for the pilots; the pilots, the MEC, and the company handle it the same way every time. Don't you think it's getting old negotiating for things that were taken away, giving in for rights that were taken away, and not gaining anything. Even worse, we aren't going to get anything new for years to come if we offer another extension. The first extension should never have happened, nor should another.

I agree with you Boulevard; especially regarding extensions. I must have misinterpreted your earlier post.

TSA management believes that we are BEGGING for an extension. Correctly, from their point of view, their response is "We can get a WHOLE LOT MORE!!"

Time to take the flying back; negotiating with them is useless. They will only respond to an economic punch in the face.

from another thread....... it just seemed appropriate to paste it here..

While we take in in the a##
ALPA

Amount to ALPA OFFICERS- $1,041,898
Amount to ALPA Employees- $27,736,254
President-D. Woerth $ 412,451 (S) $ 130,000 (A)
(S) salary (A) allowances

Dir Representative $399,866
General Manager $384,175
Dir Representati $377,852
Legal Director, $361,802
Dir Eng and Air $321,586
Dir Communicatio $ 313,382
Asst Dir Represe $280,516
Supervisor Legal $279,938
Dir Government $ 279,900
Asst Dir Represe $276,349
Asst Dir Represe $253,357
Superviosr Legal $ 248,929
Legal Supervisor $248,440
Dir Retirement A $ 241,440
Managing Attorney $230,670
Sr. Contract Admi $225,467
Sr. Contract Admi $ 221,496
Sr. Contract Admin $220,721
Asst Dir E & AS $220,300
Sr. Contract Admi $218,275
Sr. Dir Represt $ 217,826
Dir Economic And $ 209,433
Sr. Attorney, $ 205,736
Manager Economic $203,122
Sr. Contract Admi $202,568

And there are many below $200,000 per year
and the date is two years old.

As of 12/31/2003 Source : DOL Website

So just how are we going to get anything new this summer during negotiations? I predict "pain...lots and lots of pain!"

Now that the excitement is over, why is the lounge still down?

Last edited:
Jason,
I probably should not ask this question here... but I will regardless

Can the company impose a single list if the alter ego contract is cheaper? It would then be in their best interest to staple us to their pilot group via a trumped up merger.

Why did it go back down again...It was back up this morning now it is down again...I sound like a loser saying this but since everyone is kept out in the dark I at least like to know speculation...I wonder if the company came back with a proposal with concessions and 10 year extension...

Nope. It's back up now. Woo Hoo. I guess that's one barometer of activity here.

"Well, the lounge went down again. Something must be going on."

Without any disrespect... what keeps people flying at TSA?

Your second year pay is the same as most other regionals first year pay... so not money. I haven't heard a good word about the company from anyone there... and now GoJ3ts. Why don't you just leave?

labbats said:
Without any disrespect... what keeps people flying at TSA?

Your second year pay is the same as most other regionals first year pay... so not money. I haven't heard a good word about the company from anyone there... and now GoJ3ts. Why don't you just leave?

its a fair question. We have really dropped off a cliff in the last two years; I could never see recommending anyone to come work here. I believe nearly 200 pilots have left in 2005.

People are definately leaving TSA by the boat loads. I think the main reason that anyone is still at TSA is because they have not got a call from anyone else yet.

Latest resources

Back