Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

millhouse21

No longer in the Sand Box
As usual, when something significant is going on TSA Lounge is down. Somebody clearly doesn't want us discussing this apparent Blowjet settlement there so let's talk about it here. Any waterskiers out there? What do you think?

I have mixed feelings about the whole thing. If I had the previous vote to do over again, I would still vote no because it was and remains a remarkably bad deal. I would be opposed to any deal without regard to the length of the extension that contained the type of purposely vague language that one did. However, I'm pretty sure that a new proposal would be passed by the pilot group if they sweetened the deal just a little bit. If that's true what do you think of the MEC approving the deal without a vote? It's clearly what both the company and ALPA National want. If it did get signed into being that way, I would be both disappointed and relieved that the whole nightmare was over. What does everybody else think?

P.S. All those Blowjet fuckers can still kiss my ass. You are the scum of the earth.

P.P.S. Why can't we have the dignity of some software that merely Xes out the naughty words. Changing fucker to fricker is really weak. I mean, you're not hiding the intent of the sentiment so who are we fooling?

Last edited:
I just got the new VARS. I am getting tired of trying to figure things out. I hope this gets worked out. I could handle a 2 year extension but a 4 year is a little long. Does anyone know when we will find out if they are going to accept the deal. AHHHH so many questions and no one to answer...

Merry Christmas!!

I hope things work out for us. It all seems really tight lipped, I didn't even know they were talking again.

So what do you think the differences are in the contract voted down and the one the union just proposed? If it's any better, the company most likely will not go for it.

I'd feel a lot more comfortable talking about the proposal and debating whether the pilot group should've voted on it if we knew what the proposal was. Apparently we won't find out until after mgmt makes a decision on it. Which means...time for idle and somewhat baseless speculation!!!

No matter what the proposal is, I can almost guarantee that it's a last ditch effort to resolve the problem before the single carrier petition is decided upon.

If this passes, TSA pilots should fire you Union Leader. That is twice now the Union has settled without a pilot vote. If you count the orginal contract, that makes 3. Your union is a good ole boys club and don't care about the pilots. What a joke. I should know, I was at TSA for 6 years. What other Union leader blows out all the tire on his plane at landing, gets fired, then gets his job back and now once again offers a settelment with the company without a pilot vote. How many of your uinon leader are fired now? I wounder if this new proposal will get the fired guys their jobs back.

Here's what I heard from someone who called a union rep:

The deal is slightly better then the offer we voted down, don't know the specifics, but it sounds like it's the same deal with a two or three year extension.

The company said they will have an answer by Friday, but this particular union rep thought they would take longer.

Single Carrier Petition is all but lost, so we don't have much leverage. The only thing going for us is that the company really wants only one company, instead of two. It sounds like they are having a hard time getting more flying secured with this labor issue dragging out.

wjpilot said:
If this passes, TSA pilots should fire you Union Leader. That is twice now the Union has settled without a pilot vote. If you count the orginal contract, that makes 3. Your union is a good ole boys club and don't care about the pilots. What a joke. I should know, I was at TSA for 6 years. What other Union leader blows out all the tire on his plane at landing, gets fired, then gets his job back and now once again offers a settelment with the company without a pilot vote. How many of your uinon leader are fired now? I wounder if this new proposal will get the fired guys their jobs back.

Let's not forget that the TSA MEC did not create this situation. They ARE doing their best to come up with the best resolution that they can. They get only contempt and the occasional firing from Mgmt and ALPA national only wants the issue to go away. National doesn't care about the effect on the TSA pilot group; they only want Blowjet on their list. The pressure exerted by both sides to get Dario to sign has been severe. If he really believes that the only way to get a good solution for the pilots is to sign something then I will support him. Will I be dissapointed? Yes. However, I will not forget that our MEC is the ONLY party to this fight that actually represents the interests of our pilot group. Whose interests do you think they represent? No flame, I'm actually curious.

D.M. is the best union leader TSA has ever had.(so far, and hopefully he stands strong,even against some idiots in the pilot group) He was smart enough to know that had he put that last proposal to a vote, it could possibly pass. It was so bad, it basically meant decreased pay over time. And remember, this is no "delta" or bankrupt USAir. This is Hulas freakin Kanodia who is as greedy as they get making over 28 million dollars a year. One out of four pilots that voted, voted in favor of that last vote. Sickening. What is a shame, is the current pilot group that has a bunch of newbies "thrilled to just fly for nothing" as long as they get a piece on the overnights, and have beer money. The "old" tsa group was a different story. Guess it goes to show you that there's no school like the old school. Thank God for Dario. His leadership is a reminder of the "good ol days" when doing the right thing, no matter what, is what came first. In other words, I totally disagree with you. Oh and by the way, you work for go to hell jets, or are you a newbie?

Last edited:
I'm up for some shameless rumor spereading and inuendo.

I am pretty sure, this one won't be voted on by the pilot group. Bet my bottom dollar, the company will accept this only is Dario signs it right then.

Latest resources

Back