• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TSA Lounge is down!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I want to know who proposed the current deal to the company? Was it certain senior training department pilots or JK/DM? Why couldn't our union leadership propose these plans?

The company won't work with our leadership. They have the upper hand and the power. They steer our union leadership exactly where they want them and ultimately get what they want. The group as a whole is extremely effective, but our leadership is not.

The militant attitudes between our MEC and TSA MGMT benefits Hulas and hurts the pilots. Something needs to change!

boulevard said:
I want to know who proposed the current deal to the company? Was it certain senior training department pilots or JK/DM? Why couldn't our union leadership propose these plans?

The company won't work with our leadership. They have the upper hand and the power. They steer our union leadership exactly where they want them and ultimately get what they want. The group as a whole is extremely effective, but our leadership is not.

The militant attitudes between our MEC and TSA MGMT benefits Hulas and hurts the pilots. Something needs to change!

You know damn well who it was....and the company doesn't pick our leaders and we don't let them pick our friends....AHOLE. What never changes is that you are a piece of sh!t.

Redbook,

You misunderstood me. My point is, the company would not and will not deal with our current MEC. Therefore any communication or deal had to be offered through a mediator. Rumor has it that the mediators were training department pilots offering a deal from DM. Who knows how much of this is true, but it certainly leaves plenty of room to spin it in a favorable direction no matter what the outcome.

Multiple contract extensions will never get us to section 6 and until then the company is going to continually out manuever us. The first extension was to prevent so called concessions (what do we have to concede?) and the second might be to capture ************************* flying. Is the company really that smart? Compare the win/losses. We aren't doing so hot.

Control. One has more control of the situation than you think. How often do you help your company? You all know what I mean about helping your company. Don't give your company help in anyway.

Have you seen "office space" lately?

boulevard said:
Redbook,

You misunderstood me. My point is, the company would not and will not deal with our current MEC. Therefore any communication or deal had to be offered through a mediator. Rumor has it that the mediators were training department pilots offering a deal from DM. Who knows how much of this is true, but it certainly leaves plenty of room to spin it in a favorable direction no matter what the outcome.

Multiple contract extensions will never get us to section 6 and until then the company is going to continually out manuever us. The first extension was to prevent so called concessions (what do we have to concede?) and the second might be to capture ************************* flying. Is the company really that smart? Compare the win/losses. We aren't doing so hot.

I reiterate my initial point: the company has no choice but to deal with pilot representatives whomever we determine they are. If we let the company choose who represents us it will be who ever rolls over the fastest. If we need changes to our leadership it would be to take a much much harder line with the company. Frankly I wonder if the company is not delighted with our current leadership and their extensions, as you pointed out.

I don't care what the company spin is; anyone who works at tsa for a week knows where the truth lies. I am not worried about being outmaneuvered in public relations; I just don't want to hand the company more concessions and/or extensions(which are concessions, and here again I agree with you, concede what?). Whomever handed the company the deal; it was still a POS.

The company is not that smart, they are just ruthless and a lot more focused and committed.

Red,

I wasn't implying that the company would spin it in any way. As you said, "they are ruthless" and they don't care about what anyone thinks. The MEC, on the otherhand, has to answer to the pilots. If another proposal was made, without the groups consent, then the group obviously failed to make the point that we want a say. I think the only reason we had a say with the first proposal was purely political. The MEC had to have known that a majority was against the proposal and in letting us vote they averted a rebellion.

Nothing has changed in six years. When the company creates a new problem for the pilots; the pilots, the MEC, and the company handle it the same way every time. Don't you think it's getting old negotiating for things that were taken away, giving in for rights that were taken away, and not gaining anything. Even worse, we aren't going to get anything new for years to come if we offer another extension. The first extension should never have happened, nor should another.

We were all told we would know the details of the proposal once the company came back with an answer. Sooooo............????

Latest resources

Back