• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TSA losing 10 aircraft to Eagle.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
how did this become a GJ sympathizing post? those guys are scum, plain and simple......period.....end of story.....

can't believe some dude a couple posts up called GJ a better place than TSA.... nope- Dignity, at least those at TSA have some.

Those original TSA guys that switched sides maybe A holes for abandoning their pilot group but it wasn't anything like crossing a picket line. As far as the other guys from the streets not sure if you can call them scum they're just getting a flying job.

Wow,

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about regarding GoJet. The GoJet issue has been discussed in detail (understatement) on this forum, so educate yourself before you try to drum up sympathy for GoJet and the pilots that work there.

Wow,

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about regarding GoJet. The GoJet issue has been discussed in detail (understatement) on this forum, so educate yourself before you try to drum up sympathy for GoJet and the pilots that work there.

Dude I fly for TSA, I think I've educated myself enough about GJ. That's it for me I'll step out this.

I don't get how that lowered the bar for everyone.

If you don't get how they lowered the bar you have no idea how contracts are negotiated or what influences arbitrator decisions.

Dude I fly for TSA, I think I've educated myself enough about GJ. That's it for me I'll step out this.
Ummm, Dude? I fly for TSA and I was flying there when the whole GJ situation started. Judging by your posts, you need to educate yourself a little bit more. Also, I can't believe that you're a TSA pilot and you're trying to get people to support for GJ. WTF?? If you're getting furloughed from TSA, then I feel for you. I just hope that if you are in fact getting furloughed, that you're not considering heading over to GJ.

If you are serious... which I think you might be then it sounds like you got furloughed from TSA. Which means that you were not around TSA when the whole GJ thing started. While GJ might not have been listed on your letter they do have a part in you hitting the street. If Hulas would have done the right thing IE CHQ/shuttle/Republic then we more than likely wouldn't have guys hittin the streets right now. If TSA had the CRJ 7s then there would be more seats at the company and someone would have to fill the seats. And in all honesty I think that if that would have happened then both companies would have been better off. With out the bad stigma GJ probably would be a lot bigger... you might not know this but a few years ago they had to let about 5 options go to MESA because they couldn't staff the planes they had much less the 5 more they ordered...also for a long time at least 3 to 4 of their CRJs would sit on the Charlie pad in STL 24/7 due to no staffing. Oh and if you really believe that GJ is a better company then I'm almost ashamed that you work for TSA.

I If Hulas would have done the right thing IE CHQ/shuttle/Republic then we more than likely wouldn't have guys hittin the streets right now. If TSA had the CRJ 7s then there would be more seats at the company and someone would have to fill the seats..

TSA could have had CRJ7s, you guys had the option.
This is about Hulas and the TSA pilot group all I'm saying is that there's way too much negative stuff about GJ which is unfounded and the S word is being used freely. And by the way I never said better GJ is a better company.

This is about Hulas and the TSA pilot group all I'm saying is that there's way too much negative stuff about GJ which is unfounded and the S word is being used freely. And by the way I never said better GJ is a better company.

A) We could have had the 700s but several things were unsavory in the deal we were given. Something unheard of happened next...a pilot group said NO. The rest is history

B) GJ should be a negative...it's an absolute negative.

C) Scab means a little bit more than you think. Of course it means crossing a picket line and these guys didnt quite do that, however, it also means working with the intent to undermine a union. In so many words...scabs but not true scabs. I dont call them scabs just because most of them went there either dumb about the situation or just wanted to get into the game.

Ugh this is all I'm going to say about this to you since apparently you are a Waterskier and you know it all already.

I voted no then and if I were given the same deal again would vote no again. There were too many things wrong with the letter to make it worth while. The company low balled us knowing that we would say no. However instead of doing the normal thing, which would have been to negotiate a little and give us a 2nd offer which could have fixed some of the loopholes in the 1st offer then the vote would have probably been yes...but instead they just hired off the street. You are also right there is too much bad blood between TSA and management and TSA and GJ...but Management made that happen from the get go. Ideally the pilots of TSA and GJ should have and should start sticking together. If they joined up then both companies could go after management and make QOL better for all...but management made sure that there would always be too much bad blood for that to ever be a possibility.

TSA could not have gotten -700s. The only way possible would for them to be on a separate certificate. The APA scope clause has some painfully huge monitary fines when you break their scope. Ask CHQ when Republic intially put some of the E170s in service under the CHQ certificate.

Latest resources

Back