• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TSA losing 10 aircraft to Eagle.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TSA could not have gotten -700s. The only way possible would for them to be on a separate certificate. The APA scope clause has some painfully huge monitary fines when you break their scope. Ask CHQ when Republic intially put some of the E170s in service under the CHQ certificate.

All this is kinda funny since....you guys have 700s....

Things that make you go hmm... :p

You're right. It's called Supplement SS in the APA scope. It allows Eagle to have up to 50 70-seat airplanes.

Last edited:
C) Scab means a little bit more than you think. Of course it means crossing a picket line and these guys didnt quite do that, however, it also means working with the intent to undermine a union. In so many words...scabs but not true scabs.

That's right, then most are not scabs by your definition because they are UNION and most have joined after GJ became union. If GJ had stayed non union then yes it would have been a problem. But come on there are plenty of non-union carriers out there and people don't seem to mind that. Aren't they undermining a union?:rolleyes:

That's right, then most are not scabs by your definition because they are UNION and most have joined after GJ became union. If GJ had stayed non union then yes it would have been a problem. But come on there are plenty of non-union carriers out there and people don't seem to mind that. Aren't they undermining a union?:rolleyes:

Yes there are a few non union carriers out there and they are fine because they were not created just to undermine a specific union. They were opened up on their own. While there is no question that the GJ cert was needed in order to get the 700s on property without facing fines from AA it should have been staffed by TSA guys on a single list. The way it went down GJ was put in place to undermine the CBA established by TSA

. While there is no question that the GJ cert was needed in order to get the 700s on property without facing fines from AA it should have been staffed by TSA guys on a single list. The way it went down GJ was put in place to undermine the CBA established by TSA

But why would management want to take the time to piss off their own pilots and hire off the street, TSA guys were offered to be on a single list right? It was vote no,

Saluki, I do not believe that the Eagle guys are rejoicing at the fact that you will be losing your job. They are happy that they are getting back the airplanes that the company they work for own. They realize that because of this fact, and the fact that they will go back to doing all of the MIA flying that they did just a few months ago means that their own job cuts wont be nearly as bad. If you lose your job it sucks, and sorry to you for that. I always like to help fellow SIU guys out. If you would like to give flying in the mid east a shot let me know, I can put you in touch with the "man" and also give you a good recommendation. Pay is great, and the women beautiful!

But why would management want to take the time to piss off their own pilots and hire off the street, TSA guys were offered to be on a single list right? It was vote no,

Umm. Yeah.

I don't have a dog in this fight. However, I feel I must say this: You, sir, obviously don't understand the full history of this situation or the myriad others just like this in U.S. airline history.

GoJets was not just some company created to fly planes. They were created to put the screws to another company's pilots. That is wrong.

When you say: "But why would management want to take the time to piss off their own pilots and hire off the street" you obviously miss the point. Management groups do dumb things out of spite. MAIR Holdings lost MILLIONS of dollars trying to put the screws to Mesaba pilots. Why do you think Pinnacle bought Colgan? This is nothing new (sadly).

When you come here and act like GoJets is fine and there is nothing wrong with them or how/why they got here, you show your own ignorance and insult the hundreds of pilots who paved the way for you and got the shaft in the process.

One of the biggest reasons regional airlines are in the mess they are is because managment groups and new pilots fail to learn the lessons of the past.

Good day.

Umm. Yeah.

I don't have a dog in this fight. However, I feel I must say this: You, sir, obviously don't understand the full history of this situation or the myriad others just like this in U.S. airline history.

GoJets was not just some company created to fly planes. They were created to put the screws to another company's pilots. That is wrong.

When you say: "But why would management want to take the time to piss off their own pilots and hire off the street" you obviously miss the point. Management groups do dumb things out of spite. MAIR Holdings lost MILLIONS of dollars trying to put the screws to Mesaba pilots. Why do you think Pinnacle bought Colgan? This is nothing new (sadly).

When you come here and act like GoJets is fine and there is nothing wrong with them or how/why they got here, you show your own ignorance and insult the hundreds of pilots who paved the way for you and got the shaft in the process.

One of the biggest reasons regional airlines are in the mess they are is because managment groups and new pilots fail to learn the lessons of the past.

Good day.
I couldn't agree more. More of the focus should be on TSA Management then let the crap roll down the wall to the GJ pilot group who helped them implement the plan. Management might have opened the door a few inches but guess who came along and kicked the door in?

Jeff, Smartass, djsk you all ought to have your head examined thinking we got furloughed because of GJ. I'm pretty sure my fulough notice didn't say anything about GJ. Also it's kind of ironic that the place tha took "away" jobs is hiring every furloughed pilot out there and that the avrag GJ application has 4000 hours of 121 time. Please get your facts straigh about GJ, nobdy crossed any pickt line, they are union, have a contact and have equal or better CRJ rates.

That's really nice of them to do that. Furlough their own pilots and re-hire them at GoJet.

Latest resources

Back