Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TheRaven

Runway Sweeper 3rd Class
It is rumored that TSA inspectors tried to break into 10 AE aircraft on the ORD ramp overnight (allegedly some kind of impromptu security inspection), apparently damaging the #1 TAT probe on all aircraft and forcing some cancellations this morning.

How dumb do you have to be to break 10 perfectly good airplanes in an attempt to break in.....they don't have locks.

I hope this is just a rumor, but early reports seem to indicate it's true.

The TSA is now entering the ramp legally (using SIDA badges, through proper doors using proper documents etc) and trying to gain access to an airplane without being challenged by rampies or gate agents.

We found some old lady on our plane we swapped into, and my captain asked her who she was and what she was doing. She was just sitting in a seat. She was all in a tizzy because the airstair door was open. She kept talking about how she was able to get on the airplane and could have put a bomb on it. I asked her how she got on the ramp and she just said "I just walked out here". I got the feeling she didnt want to admit she used a SIDA badge to get on the ramp in the first place.

She kept complaining about how the door was left open and nobody was around. I pointed out that it isnt locked, and anybody can open it anyway. She didnt understand, and seemed to think closing an unlockable door is a foolproof securty measure.

Yeah, they're real geniuses. I get to ride on the crew bus with them from the employee lot, and let me tell you, the mentality is that of a high school student.

Seems to me that this is "destruction of aircraft or aircraft facility" which is one of the 36 disqualifying felonies associated with a sida badge. Have them arrested plain and simple!!!

Latest resources

Back