Trying to understand GOJETS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

fr8r

First of all, I understand that they are an alter-ego airline... we don't need to discuss that.

So, I have done some brief research, but I am trying to figure out the gripe with the PAY at gojets. It seems to me that the pay is on par with the rest of the industry. Am I missing something? I am not a 121 guy, so I might be ill informed here. I looked into about 10 different operators and didn't see much discrepancy in pay for the same aircraft... so, why do people gripe that the gojets pay isn't industry standard. As far as I am concerned, the pay at every regional is $h1tty and gojets doesn't seem to break the mold.

Also, I am trying to understand how anyone could survive at a regional like American Eagle as an FO for 7+ years when the pay at AA is so freaking low! This is complete BS! What is it with AMR? They don't even have a flow threw program, so where is the incentive?

preparing for all the flame BS... please refrain, I am only wondering about the pay situation, not all the political stuff. Thanks.

When blowjets was created the pay was about $0.50 above what the TSA 50 seat pay was/is. It is still only barely above that even with their contract they signed and the TSA contract was from 02. It is also less than many 50 seat operators. Our pay at XJT(even after concessions) is still higher than blowjets in every year. Their 401k and per-diem is also crap compared to most places.

Their 401k and per-diem is also crap compared to most places.

True to HK's form...

fr8r-you do understand that what forced good old Hector into starting this company is a scope clause from those nice people at AMR. Even though the 70 seat aircraft are not operated in the AA codeshare system, Eagle insisted that they be the only AA partner allowed to operate 70 seat rj's-regardless of the paint scheme on the airplane.

In other words AMR thinks that they can tell a subcontractor what kind of flying they are allowed to do-even if it is for another airline!

More good stuff from the worlds largest, most dysfunctional airline...wanna buy a sandwich to carry on the airplane after you've paid to have your bag checked?

a few years ago TSA got a UAL contract to fly 70 seaters. Hulas told his pilots (TSA) that they would have to fly 70 seaters for 50 seat pay. Pilots said no we have 70 seat rates in our contract. Hulas forms new airline and tells TSA guys that they can go over to new airline (gojets) and basically start over. A majority of TSA stand strong and say no. However some skumbags don't and step over their brothers (on the necks of senior pilots) for a shot at pic and a big 70 seat jet. TSA guys have been getting screwed since.

I don't care if gojets get paid $1,000,000 per second to fly the 700. what they did is unexcuseable.

Last edited:
First of all, I understand that they are an alter-ego airline... we don't need to discuss that.

So, I have done some brief research, but I am trying to figure out the gripe with the PAY at gojets. It seems to me that the pay is on par with the rest of the industry. Am I missing something? I am not a 121 guy, so I might be ill informed here. I looked into about 10 different operators and didn't see much discrepancy in pay for the same aircraft... so, why do people gripe that the gojets pay isn't industry standard. As far as I am concerned, the pay at every regional is $h1tty and gojets doesn't seem to break the mold.

Also, I am trying to understand how anyone could survive at a regional like American Eagle as an FO for 7+ years when the pay at AA is so freaking low! This is complete BS! What is it with AMR? They don't even have a flow threw program, so where is the incentive?

preparing for all the flame BS... please refrain, I am only wondering about the pay situation, not all the political stuff. Thanks.

Not being a 121 guy has you sheltered. Doesn't even matter what Gojets pay is, they're an alter ego, period. And as for incentive at Eagle, all growth has been halted so it's better to be at a place with better pay/contract, than say, mesa. It's the guys that decide to go to Eagle instead of Gojet if offered both that offers hope that there's people left in this country that have principles.

It's not an alter ego. That would mean that if TSA did ok the flying, they would then be flying for an alter ego. It's a different airline. ALPA sued but a judge determined it to NOT be an alter ego. The issue with everyone is not the actual airline Gojet, it's the pilots.

As far as pay, hulas didn't have any money. Remember TS is a private company. He did have a ********************ty proposal with only a few dollars pay raise for flying 16 more people. He told them, in exchange for an approval, he would promise them a better contract down the road. Basically a take it now and fix it later scenario. TSA didn't believe him and now TSA is in the ********************ter because of that mistake. Gojet as promised, got their contract in about 1.5 years but negotiations statrted pretty much a few months after the airline was established. Yes, in prinicple Hulas should not have done it but TSA basically gave him no choice. If you know TSA, there is a very very negative pilot/management relations and it's no accident that 2005 happened. It was all or nothing, no negotiations by the pilots and time was running out for hulas to start manning the CRJs. The defeated TSA pilots who brought this upon themselves, continue to refuse the fact that they made a mistake in refusing the flying. They see what the end result has been a that is why to this day we still have threads like this. The ultimate irony is that I hear they now want to form a single seniority list with the current negotiations. It took them 3.5 years.

You make your decision on Gojet.

Last edited:
a few years ago TSA got a UAL contract to fly 70 seaters. Hulas told his pilots (TSA) that they would have to fly 70 seaters for 50 seat pay. Pilots said no we have 70 seat rates in our contract. Hulas forms new airline and tells TSA guys that they can go over to new airline (gojets) and basically start over. A majority of TSA stand strong and say no. However some skumbags don't and step over their brothers (on the necks of senior pilots) for a shot at pic and a big 70 seat jet. TSA guys have been getting screwed since.

I don't care if gojets get paid $1,000,000 per second to fly the 700. what they did is unexcuseable.

Pretty much covers it. Nice job.:beer:

Only clarification: There were no specific 70 seat rates. The contract says that if a new A/C type comes on the property, the pay rate would be industry average. This was obviously a problem for management.:rolleyes:

:nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts:

I'm going anywhere that pays $1,000,000.00 a second.

:nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts:

Only clarification: There were no specific 70 seat rates. The contract says that if a new A/C type comes on the property, the pay rate would be industry average. This was obviously a problem for management.:rolleyes:

Thats what I don't get...at all. How can a company seriously attempt to pay its employees less than industry average when the actual pay rates are so out in the open?

The things you learn in your youth.

I wish the best of luck to the OP and the rest of my TSA buds.

Latest resources

Back