Trs855

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey, Westwind Driver-

How about changing your name? You're an embarassment to all former Westwind pilots.

I can tell you this- a 717 with enough fuel to go from MSP to ATL and full of people doesn't "dart" anywhere. It takes a while to get 120,000 lbs moving from a dead stop, even longer if they were doing a single-engine taxi, which they typically would be.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe no one was "officially" at fault? Maybe your Captain didn't have his taxi light on, which made it look like he was giving way? Or, maybe the ensuing investigation will reveal that your taxi light was burned out . . . . hope it was MEL'd. You DID do a thorough pre-flight, didn't you?

Or, perhaps the controller missed telling one of you to give right of way. Instead of simply recovering with grace and dignity, you stupidly decided to make an international incident out of it? All of these are possible scenarios. You sure have opened a can of worms because of your inexperience and immaturity, that is for sure.

Last edited:
Ty has a very good point, it may have been just a missunderstanding, and WWdriver is blowing it way out of proportion. Like someone posted above, no metal was bent, so leave it alone.

T-Gates said:
What is it with this new aviation culture where everyone wants to rat everyone else out?! If friggin' sickens me....

Amen!!! What's with these people? We should be looking out for each other, not trying to screw each other over. Maybe the AirTran guy made a mistake, maybe not. Who really cares? Get over it. If it really bothers you, then you need to talk to the Pro-Standards rep at AirTran. Going to the Chief Pilot is just plain low, and you should be ashamed.

Ty Webb said:
Hey, Westwind Driver-

How about changing your name? You're an embarassment to all former Westwind pilots.

I can tell you this- a 717 with enough fuel to go from MSP to ATL and full of people doesn't "dart" anywhere. It takes a while to get 120,000 lbs moving from a dead stop, even longer if they were doing a single-engine taxi, which they typically would be.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe no one was "officially" at fault? Maybe your Captain didn't have his taxi light on, which made it look like he was giving way? Or, maybe the ensuing investigation will reveal that your taxi light was burned out . . . . hope it was MEL'd. You DID do a thorough pre-flight, didn't you?

Or, perhaps the controller missed telling one of you to give right of way. Instead of simply recovering with grace and dignity, you stupidly decided to make an international incident out of it? All of these are possible scenarios. You sure have opened a can of worms because of your inexperience and immaturity, that is for sure.

LOL! Pot, meet Kettle!

IIRC, Ty, as someone who threw a memorable temper tantrum over this very same issue just a few months ago, it seems a bit hypocritical for you to be piling on to this guy.

And for an encore, I guess westwind driver should now start a "What has an AirTran pilot done to you lately?" thread, eh? :rolleyes:

Hey, NTS:

There are two big differences between my post and his. Since you seem to have missed both of them, let me delineate them for you:

1) I did not try to "call out" a particular SWA pilot

2) I did not get the FAA and the CP involved.

Oh, and BTW, while we're at it . . . . the Museum of Tired Quotations called. . . . seemed they want to retire your "Pot, meet Kettle" quotation . . . . sounds like an excellent idea to me.

Last edited:
Ty Webb said:
Oh, and BTW, while we're at it . . . . the Museum of Tired Quotations called. . . . seemed they want to retire your "Pot, meet kettle" quotation . . . . sounds like an excellent idea to me.

I'm glad somebody finally said it.....

I wonder if the owners of this Westwind know they have complete tools that are flying them around?

Maybe this was their first time at an airport that didn't use Unicom for communications?

Last edited:
Boeingman is my hero... LOL!

Boeingman said:
I wonder if the owners of this Westwind know they have complete tools that are flying them around?

Maybe this was their first time at an airport that didn't use Unicom for communications?

You owe me a beer.... because I just spit my beer out my nose when I read that.

Thanks for the laugh!

Boeingman said:

If they don't already, I suspect they will soon . . . . .

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back