Trouble with PAX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

earhart

We had a Moscow-London trip over Xmas with important clients as PAX. While they were not officially interfering with the crew they were drunk and very disorderely and really troublesome for our FA. We are a major corp and these are important clients- my question is- should I report the actions of these idiots to the top brass or leave well alone?

Boy, that is a tough situation. Will you be flying the paxs, again? Could you tell the CP and then let him make the decision to tell or not tell the top brass. What were the paxs doing?

At the very least talk to your CP or DO. If you don't have to fly them again that you know of, I would leave it alone. But at least if you tell someone, if the time comes that you have to fly them again, you and everyone else will be prepared. If they are trouble on the way back, and you make it all the way to the drop off, I would tell your higher ups to never accept a trip for them ever again. If you have to land early it will pan out on its own. Who cares how important the client is. If they endanger the flight they are hardly worth it.

Just my opinion.

My co- Cap and I told the CP in detail but he has left it up to us if we wish to take it further. The guys were really drunk, running round the cabin, throwing food, making sexual remarks to the FA (although no touching) and generally being obnoxious. Drunk is no excuse but they are important for the company.

PS Our FA was in tears after the flight but values her job too much to complain. I said I would support her but she has decided to leave it and call in sick if called to fly with them again.

PS Our FA was in tears after the flight but values her job too much to complain. I said I would support her but she has decided to leave it and call in sick if called to fly with them again.

You need to document this, so if it happens again (maybe another crew) there is already a written complaint. It might have just been an isolated event, but still talk to someone and get it documented.

Sounds like your CP is a real leader.Those guys (pax) sound like the type that need to be confronted in the parking lot. By the way in my experience the people at the very top of your company don't want your FA sexually harassed in the work place.Just ask your legal department.

Thanks for all he advice/replies. Our corp is a large one and any negative publicity might reach the press- I am not afraid of reporting but written complaints go up the chain and may cause a real big problem. Although I did ask the passengers to behave it is the FA who suffered the most and I would need her support to continue. It is a tough situation.

Were there any other representatives of your company on board?

While I don't have any experience with this sort of thing in a corporate flight department environment, if you strip that away, and take it on its face what they did-

They were abusing one of your employees. They were taking damaging company equipment. They were diplaying a total lack of respect for your company, it's assets and employees. If this occured not in the cabin of the company jet, but in a board room would it be appropriate? Or if they treated a female executive like that at a golf outing? Or even the receptionist? Hell no! So why is it ok to do it to a company FA?

I don't know what level employees they are with your client, but at the very least I'm sure THEIR bosses would like to know how they respect other companies.

A good manager looks out for those underneath them, and their department. They abused your FA and reduced her to tears. I think you owe it to her to bring this incident to your boss's attention; leave it up to them if they want to persue this further. If she's afraid of losing her job, then cover for her. Tell them she didn't want to go forward with it, but that you felt it was your duty to bring it to their attention. They may make the decision that the client is too important to piss off, or they may be so disgusted with them that they'll make it known that this sort of behavior is not appropriate.

But let THEM make that call. Just my $0.25 ($0.02, adjusted for inflation)

Last edited:
Were there any other representatives of your company on board?

While I don't have any experience with this sort of thing in a corporate flight department environment, if you strip that away, and take it on its face what they did-

They were abusing one of your employees. They were taking damaging company equipment. They were diplaying a total lack of respect for your company, it's assets and employees. If this occured not in the cabin of the company jet, but in a board room would it be appropriate? Or if they treated a female executive like that at a golf outing? Or even the receptionist? Hell no! So why is it ok to do it to a company FA?

I don't know what level employees they are with your client, but at the very least I'm sure THEIR bosses would like to know how they respect other companies.

A good manager looks out for those underneath them, and their department. They abused your FA and reduced her to tears. I think you owe it to her to bring this incident to your boss's attention; leave it up to them if they want to persue this further. If she's afraid of losing her job, then cover for her. Tell them she didn't want to go forward with it, but that you felt it was your duty to bring it to their attention. They may make the decision that the client is too important to piss off, or they may be so disgusted with them that they'll make it known that this sort of behavior is not appropriate.

But let THEM make that call. Just my $0.25 ($0.02, adjusted for inflation)

Thanks momalley81. You're right, of course, but I don't want to proceed without our FA.
In answer to your question there were no company reps aboard (not unusual for us) and they are a major client based in Moscow.

Latest resources

Back