• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Trouble at Jetblue?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's always fun to see this kind of thread. I really glad (sic) that there's so much concern about our pay and benefits when the folks expressing those concerns have taken such painful cuts in pay and benefits at their own carriers. I hope that these individuals have put just as much effort and concern at their own airlines as they have done with B6. Hopefully, they'll get the same or better results in their comments as they have done on these posts for B6. BTW, where were you folks when I was at Biz Ex making $18/hr. as a SF340 F/O and was told by the union (ALPA) that the bottom 1/3 of the senoirity list had to take a 25% pay cut in order so that the company could retain it's more senior Capts. Just curious.

as a SF340 F/O and was told by the union (ALPA) that the bottom 1/3 of the senoirity list had to take a 25% pay cut in order so that the company could retain it's more senior Capts. Just curious.[/QUOTE said:
Yeah? Who sat down and told you that? Randy Babbit? Duane Woerth? Your local MEC? You guys that bitch about ALPA make me want to puke. I'll bet you never attended a single MEC/LEC meeting. ALPA is membership driven--PERIOD. If you had gotten your "bottom 1/3" to attend meetings and pass motions you could have forced the senior Capts. to take a 50% PAY CUT.

Have fun living by management edict.

Bus Drvr--We were just expressing our opinions. If it is not permissable to post questions about JB please let the moderators know so they can pull the posts. :rolleyes:

In fact, the question about the long-term E190 pay issue comes straight from my conversations with my JB friends. They have the same concerns.

They refuse to ask the same questions in public lest the "blue shirts" come knocking at their doors in the middle of the night. ;) TC

Turn& Pull,

So, what you're saying; 108 TFP at 1st = $4551
plus 19 TFP at 2nd = $1351 would be somewhere around $5902 ($70825/yr). Adding per diem, if you like, puts you around $76K. That's better than I did a couple of years ago adding in my Navy Reserve pay. Sweet! How long do you think you can keep it up? I know I got pretty sick a couple of times double dipping by getting myself physically run down. Then again I had two commutes: one to PHX, one to my base.

TooBad said:
Am I reading that right......your calling your wife a "J-LO wannabe who is a "tad bit" chunky, but claims her curves give the "motion of the ocean...." Sounds fun! Her nickname is "La Seniorita Chubbs...." She's hiding Tapas in her fat folds, and she loves Emb190 pilots"

Don't let your wife see that or your going to be capped at 4003 posts and grounded from Flightinfo.....:D

We live in ATL, not Yonkers! And, we still ride bikes together---I don't have to tow her around--that would kill my back!

Bye Bye--General Lee

I think a piont here that many people are missing is that assumptions are being made that the current 190 pay scale will be cast in stone forever. No guarantees, but based on JB's track record regarding pay, it's a pretty safe bet that upward adjustments could be made within the next couple of years.

An important, and often overlooked, point to remember is that the ability to obtain hard cost items such as favorable (affordable) financing terms, etc, is tied directly to the anticipated operating cost of the aircraft. Pilot wages are a key player of that overall equation. Given this fact, the total operating cost may be significantly lower down the road than it otherwise might have been had such favorable terms not been able to be obtained when the 190 program was first launched.

Having these long term potential cost saving measures in place, In my humble opinion, will give JB much more flexibility to adjust salaries upwards down the road. As another poster stated, it may be wiser to under-promise, thus giving the flexiblity to over-deliver in the future.

V2

AA717driver said:
Bus Drvr--We were just expressing our opinions. If it is not permissable to post questions about JB please let the moderators know so they can pull the posts. :rolleyes:

In fact, the question about the long-term E190 pay issue comes straight from my conversations with my JB friends. They have the same concerns.

They refuse to ask the same questions in public lest the "blue shirts" come knocking at their doors in the middle of the night. ;) TC

TC Did you just interview at B6?

Latest resources

Back