• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Travis Barker - 4 killed, 2 hurt as rock star's jet crashes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In a 60?!? It ain't exactly a Seminole. Maybe if they both quit; a heavy 60 on one will still outclimb a CRJ. :laugh:
Exactly, but I think he was going in the other direction of your statement. Because of that raw power, and make no mistake, the 60 has its fair share, if you come to fly without your "A" game and one rolls back on you (before V1 or Just After), you will in fact have your hands full; a 60 can get away from you with minimal ease.

Within the same situation, some people get in trouble with the auto re-light; the plane snaps to the L or R, the pilot stuffs the appropriate rudder input, and about the time the pilot gets it headed back twards the centerline, the auto-relight lights off the engine that rolled back (Power levers are still in the T/O detent so power will come right back), and now that rudder input you have in, just snapped you back past the centerline, and here we go again.

Granted that's not the norm, but in the 60, you'll see that in the sim more often than you'd think because it is so overpowered.

I remember climbing at Vmo/Mmo well into the 30s could be done with no effort at all; Only time I have ever climbed @ 12K FPM (lasted less than 20 seconds) was in a 60; only time I have ever gotten an overspeed warning on 1 engine in the sim on a hot/high day was in the 60; only time I've ever seen a sim partner Vmc an airplane in the sim was in the 60, and the only time I've ever really scared the SH!!T out of myself, was as a new captain (from DA50s) in the 60. Power Power Power

Can any airplane really be overpowered?

If the LR60 is known to be overpowered, wouldn't the proper description be under-winged?

Sounds like a wheel assembly failure?? Have to see what the federales come up with. RIP those who didn't make it.

Can any airplane really be overpowered?

If the LR60 is known to be overpowered, wouldn't the proper description be under-winged?

Well, it is that. Would cruise right past .92 if it wasn't for the wing buzz.

Oh yeah,, and that silly mach horn.

Hung

I've been told that............ if you position the rotary test switch to the "mach trim" position and push the test button, it will silence the horn. So I've heard.

I flew 60's for about 10 years. Completely agree with what was said earlier about the T/R and FADEC relationship! If I want full reverse, give me full reverse. Real curious as to what happened on this one.

RIP and Godspeed to everyone involved.

A few years back I was a copilot on a Lear 31 and we had all four tires blow on takeoff.. about 10 Kts shy of V1 which resulted in a loss of directional control.. Once the tires blew, the wheel assembly hit the runway and shattered.. of course we didn't know at the time... had we not been on a 13,000ft rwy I don't think we would have survived. The wheels on the 60 are similar to the 31 ( if not the same). Just a Thought...

My thoughts are with the families... RIP

not to hijack the thread...but how did you blow all 4 tires?

Feds determined FOD blew Right side Mains.. Then the Left Mains went about 2000 feet into the attempted stop. None of the Plugs blew... all the tires blew out the side wall. The initial Right side when it blew, dropped the wheel assembly onto the rwy.. and shattered.. No Brakes.. No Wheels... " D.O. Kept asking us.. the Acc. Stop..Acc.GO shows 4,300ft why did it take you 10,600 to stop..Duh.. No brakes or wheels.. No Directional Control..!!"

I've been told that............ if you position the rotary test switch to the "mach trim" position and push the test button, it will silence the horn. So I've heard.

I flew 60's for about 10 years. Completely agree with what was said earlier about the T/R and FADEC relationship! If I want full reverse, give me full reverse. Real curious as to what happened on this one.

RIP and Godspeed to everyone involved.

True about the test switch. But, whoever gets the horn has to buy that night. Gets expensive quickly!

Hung

Latest resources

Back