• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Travel Management-Elkhart IN. ????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm new to this site and I ran across the TMC forum. I haven't read much of what has been posted, but I'm going to add my two cents anyway..

TMC wasn't a bad place to be. I was a Beechjet PIC and standards captain a few years ago. I've been gone a while and I'm sure some things have changed, but I've been employed by a LOT Worse!

IMO, If someone has the personality to just show up for work, get whatever is given to them, then be able to leave it at work on their days off, they will get along just fine. If someone ponders over the little things while at work, or worse, on their days off, they will grow to dislike it (quickly). Although, I guess that is true for most aviation companies. It's as good as you want it to be.

FYI, I didn't take their medical benefits. It was cheaper to purchase them on our own (family of 5). With the new Obama care, this may not be an issue much longer (like it or NOT).

Past Rumors...They have had an alliance with XO Jet for many years now. I remember doing XO trips back in 2009. Back then, XO marketed TMC as the small fleet option. I wouldn't read to much into the alliance. The rumors of merger have been around for at least 3-4 years. Who knows what will actually take place. Believe it when the wheels are up and the check clears!

Tip: TMC management has a low tolerance for BS, as did most of the pilots. That generated some friction between the two groups. If you want a long career with that management group, I would suggest that you pick your fights and have proof in black-n-white. The two top guys had a tendency to shoot first and ask questions later. Keep your nose clean and you'll never hear from them.

Again, my two cents worth...

Fly safe!

TMC purchased 7 Hawkers from XOJET. MR. DR. GM can now say he has the biggest charter fleet of Hawkers the next time he is invited to an after show/super bowl party with Celebs like Katie Perry. Mean while he has his pilots sleep in sh#t bag hotels 1.5 hours away from IND on super bowl sunday and double book rooms because he such a cheap a$$. Rockin and rolling 24 making massive amounts of $$$$$$ for you to rock your BULL$HIT low light/back light/high light and pound the high life dewwwww!! What a treat it was to have you as a leader!!!!

Last edited:
What a bunch of Dumb Ass Pilots at TMC

Don't you get it?

Less money in your pocket, less spent on your hotels, etc, more money in the boss' pocket and bigger bonuses for the Scott twins.

If you don't like it, either Unionize or leave. Bitching will get you nowhere. Do something.

Hey Freedom,
Sorry for the late response. Pilots at TMC are not a bunch of dumbasses. Pilots are leaving at a steady rate and attrition will continue through 2013. The Unionizing idea a couple years ago was in the early stages of forming but momentum died out. TMC is a really shady place to work and like most of my friends including myself, we saw the daylight and moved on.

TMC wasn't a bad place to be. I was a Beechjet PIC and standards captain a few years ago. I've been gone a while and I'm sure some things have changed, but I've been employed by a LOT Worse! Being employed by alot worse is not an excuse for the way they treat thier pilots.

IMO, If someone has the personality to just show up for work, get whatever is given to them????? Whatever is given to them.. Like a ******************** sandwich?, then be able to leave it at work on their days off, they will get along just fine. If someone ponders over the little things while at work,you mean like duty period, rest, hotels, schedule?? or worse, on their days off, they will grow to dislike it (quickly). Although, I guess that is true for most aviation companies. It's as good as you want it to be.

FYI, I didn't take their medical benefits. It was cheaper to purchase them on our own (family of 5). You don't see a problem with this given the size of TMC?With the new Obama care, this may not be an issue much longer (like it or NOT).

Past Rumors...They have had an alliance with XO Jet for many years now. I remember doing XO trips back in 2009. Back then, XO marketed TMC as the small fleet option. I wouldn't read to much into the alliance. The rumors of merger have been around for at least 3-4 years. Who knows what will actually take place. Believe it when the wheels are up and the check clears!

Tip: TMC management has a low tolerance for BS,Read: TMC has a low tolerance for anyone who wants a decent QOL as did most of the pilots. That generated some friction between the two groups. If you want a long career with that management group, I would suggest that you pick your fights and have proof in black-n-white. The two top guys had a tendency to shoot first and ask questions later. Keep your nose clean and you'll never hear from them.

Again, my two cents worth...

Fly safe!

I know guys who were furloughed, landed at TMC and quit without having a back-up job.....FWIW

TMC purchased 7 Hawkers from XOJET. MR. DR. GM can now say he has the biggest charter fleet of Hawkers the next time he is invited to an after show/super bowl party with Celebs like Katie Perry. Mean while he has his pilots sleep in sh#t bag hotels 1.5 hours away from IND on super bowl sunday and double book rooms because he such a cheap a$$. Rockin and rolling 24 making massive amounts of $$$$$$ for you to rock your BULL$HIT low light/back light/high light and pound the high life dewwwww!! What a treat it was to have you as a leader!!!!

haha, i remember that night! the best part was the 100 dollars shoved in my pocket from apollo jets. i graciously gave that to a stripper the following night! CLOWNS!

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me what the current hiring situation is at TMC? What are the competitive mins? I am aware of all the negatives. I appreciate any help.

Latest resources

Back