• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Travel Management-Elkhart IN. ????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know guys who were furloughed, landed at TMC and quit without having a back-up job.....FWIW
You said a mouthful. Didn't we have one guy finish IOE and get fired the same day for being out of position or some nonsense after flying home on a TMC provided ticket? "Standards Pilot" pretty much says it all......

Their chief pilot emailed me an application for TMC along with some articles about them from a flying magazine. I filled it out and faxed it back in, but I haven't heard anything since. Is there usually much of a time gap between when people get initial contact to fill out an application and when they get the call to come in and interview?

I have a buddy who has time on both the Beechjet and a Hawker 800A who is looking into TMC because his flight department could be shutting down soon.

Is aircraft type assigned to newhires basically decided by fleet openings at the time (i.e., open position on the Hawker) or is previous experience taken into account? Also, do Beechjet pilots tend to stay in the Beechjet or do they bid for the Hawker - is there movement between fleets?

I have a buddy who has time on both the Beechjet and a Hawker 800A who is looking into TMC because his flight department could be shutting down soon.

Is aircraft type assigned to newhires basically decided by fleet openings at the time (i.e., open position on the Hawker) or is previous experience taken into account? Also, do Beechjet pilots tend to stay in the Beechjet or do they bid for the Hawker - is there movement between fleets?
He might have better luck than I did, but I got rejected due to being low time. Almost 5K, ATP, furloughed NJA. Got a laugh out of it since I was applying for UI purposes only.

Their chief pilot emailed me an application for TMC along with some articles about them from a flying magazine. I filled it out and faxed it back in, but I haven't heard anything since. Is there usually much of a time gap between when people get initial contact to fill out an application and when they get the call to come in and interview?

I think it just depends on when the chief pilot gets around to filling up the next training class. It can be immediate or a couple weeks later. He called me a few days after sending the application in.

Based on both fleet openings and experience. There were a couple street captains hired in my training class who had time in type, but I don't think they are doing that very often anymore. You interview for a generic pilot position, and they assign you to a type and position based on what they need and your experience.

He might have better luck than I did, but I got rejected due to being low time. Almost 5K, ATP, furloughed NJA. Got a laugh out of it since I was applying for UI purposes only.

How long ago was that? I had about 3300 hours, no ATP, no jet time, and was slightly more experienced than the other Beechjet SICs in my training class.

You said a mouthful. Didn't we have one guy finish IOE and get fired the same day for being out of position or some nonsense after flying home on a TMC provided ticket? "Standards Pilot" pretty much says it all......

There has to be more to the story, as in any secondhand story.

Thanks for the heads-up, Lou. It is going on three weeks or so now, so I was kinda wondering. I think I may send the guy an email before I go back overseas.

I know it was about a 2 month or so gap for me between filling out the application and getting the interview. After the interview, about 2 days to get the offer. I have a few friends that have been waiting a couple of months now as well, waiting for a call for an interview. The chief does all of the interviewing, as far as I know, so it may take a bit for him to get to you.

It's been a great job for me, so far. Home based, tons of time off, at least compared to where I came from. It seems like most of the guys that are unhappy here are former airline guys that aren't used to filing flight plans, planning fuel, loading luggage, etc... Other than somewhat low pay, this is a great place for guys that are accustomed to the 135 lifestyle, in my opinion.

Latest resources

Back