• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cutter Aviation
PHX
looking again

2 Beechjet Captains
Typed and Current, otherwise all the normal needs.

Since both pilots are typed, do TMC pilots always fly from the left seat? How does upgrade work...is it a seniority system or just whoever is most qualified when the opening happens.

Also a more mundane question. Do the 400XPs have any MFDs on the FO side? I've seen some pictures of 400xp cockpits with a bunch of empty real estate just to the left of the FO side PFD.

I can answer a couple of questions....the guy with 4 bars sits in the left seat and the guy with 3 bars sits in the right seat. About a year and a half ago TMC started a no seat swapping policy (even on dead legs). As far as upgrades, you first have to meet ARGUS minimums...seems to me like it is 3500TT, 2000 PIC, 1500 MEL, and 250 in type. Then it is seniority based to the extent of being eligible to upgrade. There is a CA upgrade interview among other things that you have to go through before getting the slot. Time with the company is not the only factor.

Thanks for the info. Knowing that, my new question is if you are hired with less than 2000 PIC, how do you get the PIC time if you are always in the right seat and aren't the one singing for the airplane?

The way I intrepret logging PIC time, you can't really log it unless you are the one signing for the airplane, even part 91. I know the "sole manipulator" argument and that you are typed but....the bottom line is if I'm in the plane with 3 stripes and another guy has 4 stripes, he's PIC regardless of who is flying.

So my question remains, how does one upgrade at TMC if you are hired with less than 2000 PIC? Where do you get the PIC time necessary to upgrade?

Thanks.

Thanks for the info. Knowing that, my new question is if you are hired with less than 2000 PIC, how do you get the PIC time if you are always in the right seat and aren't the one singing for the airplane?

The way I intrepret logging PIC time, you can't really log it unless you are the one signing for the airplane, even part 91. I know the "sole manipulator" argument and that you are typed but....the bottom line is if I'm in the plane with 3 stripes and another guy has 4 stripes, he's PIC regardless of who is flying.

So my question remains, how does one upgrade at TMC if you are hired with less than 2000 PIC? Where do you get the PIC time necessary to upgrade?

Thanks.
I've heard that some rent a 152 during days off and log PIC that way. It qualifies.

Thanks.

Sole manipulator argument holds water, although some operators don't want to count that time. Bottom line is there are times when two pilots can both log PIC time. Another example: a pilot getting a flight review in a Cessna - both student and instructor log PIC.

TMC counts the sole manipulator time towards upgrade.

So, on the legs the First Officer logs a landing, that flight time counts towards the PIC time for upgrade.

Latest resources

Back