Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Travel Management, a danger to us all....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is TMC experiencing more attrition than normal given all of the other hiring in the industry (ie airlines)? That schedule sounds less than optimal for anyone with a family...

I'd imagine so. A good friend of mine just punched out from TMC earlier this month after being picked up by a reputable 121 carrier. He said that there was no way he could face a 15/15 schedule long term, even though he was in the process of upgrading there.

His most telling anecdote: He stated that when he turned in his two weeks notice that TMC told him, "don't bother coming in - your employment is over right now, please return all of your company property immediately." I told him that statement was the perfect validation of his decision to part ways with TMC.

How many trips can TMC cover for NJA? Isn't the TMC fleet just 400XPs and 800XPs?

As many as NJA wants them to, up to 11 days per calendar quarter without NJA having to bring any of its own furloughed pilots back on property.

Is TMC experiencing more attrition than normal given all of the other hiring in the industry (ie airlines)? That schedule sounds less than optimal for anyone with a family...
How come guys are standing in line to get hired at Atlas, Kalitta Int'l, and other ACMI carriers with their 17 day on and 14 day offf?

As many as NJA wants them to, up to 11 days per calendar quarter without NJA having to bring any of its own furloughed pilots back on property.

Ok, now I see where some of the hard feelings might be coming from. I can assure you that the TMC pilot group wants all of the NJ-furloughed-folks back to work ASAP. Again, we're just flying the trips that are assigned to us.

Rather than having a beef with TMC crews, seems like your aggravation might be better focused on the NJ crews that are flying extended/additional days. Their OT is probably delaying the return of the furloughed folks more than anything that TMC does...

Outsourcing to the lowest bidder with the lowest costs.

Ok, now I see where some of the hard feelings might be coming from. I can assure you that the TMC pilot group wants all of the NJ-furloughed-folks back to work ASAP. Again, we're just flying the trips that are assigned to us.

Rather than having a beef with TMC crews, seems like your aggravation might be better focused on the NJ crews that are flying extended/additional days. Their OT is probably delaying the return of the furloughed folks more than anything that TMC does...

No, simply explaining how NJA is degrading their owners' experience by subcontracting out flights to other operators, and how they are able to continue to do so. I have no beef with TMC crews, more at NJA for not giving their owners the experience and service they are paying for.

Weren't you the guy saying Avantair was the greatest, and when they were hiring while everyone else was furloughing, you boasted the fact that even though the pay and QOL at Avaintair was less, atleast they were hiring..

Cannot remember if it was you or not.... Just remember one guy in particular who was endlessly gloating about Avantair

Weren't you the guy saying Avantair was the greatest, and when they were hiring while everyone else was furloughing, you boasted the fact that even though the pay and QOL at Avaintair was less, atleast they were hiring..

Cannot remember if it was you or not.... Just remember one guy in particular who was endlessly gloating about Avantair

No, not gloating about Avantair. I was just expressing pride in my employer at the time. Never bitched about the pay or QOL there... Made damn near six-figures flying a 12,000 pound turboprop. Nothing wrong with that at all. If you search all of my posts, never once did I ever speak poorly of the other Frac operators. Ever.

So here I am defending TMC, my new current employer, from baseless accusations of poor safety & maintenance practices, inaccurate descriptions of our compensation, and totally false claims that TMC crews are trying to stick it to the NJ and Flexjet crews.

To repeat what I've said several times before... I wish all of us the greatest success in our careers. There are enough rich folks to go around for everyone. There's no need for this bickering between Frac/Charter operators.

Latest resources

Back