Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Travel Management, a danger to us all....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From experience, yes the grass is greener...

YIP, it's called demanding to have a certain QOL while on the road... It's called getting hired at a good company and demanding it stay that way... It's called knowing your self worth and placing a limit on how much you'll let yourself be managed by others who screw up...

You should try it sometime

And how's that plan working out for you? Judging by your username, I would have to assume not too well.

Try what? BTW Who are you to pass judgement on my QOL? Anything beyond the JO bunk room where six pilots lived in a 10 x 10 stateroom is QOL for me. Life has been good don't think I would;d change much.

We'll, gee-ain't that raising the bar in life. Might as well live in a dumpster behind the Waffle House.

We'll, gee-ain't that raising the bar in life. Might as well live in a dumpster behind the Waffle House.
Free food? Waffle House? If I am happy what matter is that to you? Are you unhappy that I am happy when you think that you should be unhappy because your QOL is not as good as that of an Arab Prince? As far a raising the bar, I am happy with my local bar and their $1.00 drafts, why would I want to raise their price? Life is good.:laugh:

If flying heavies out of HNL is "not too well", then yeah.....He's having a rough go of it. Nice try though

Thanks, I got very lucky to have a friend in just the right spot just to get the first after furlough job. From there it was just a matter of having the right boxes checked. ( specifically the "do you live in Hawaii? Box) along with past experience that wasn't limited to Interisland TProp flying.

Free food? Waffle House? If I am happy what matter is that to you? Are you unhappy that I am happy when you think that you should be unhappy because your QOL is not as good as that of an Arab Prince? As far a raising the bar, I am happy with my local bar and their $1.00 drafts, why would I want to raise their price? Life is good.:laugh:

Fine, we get it. You're happy with anything that is better than job "X"...

Personally I'm sure absolutely none of us care about you or your job. EXCEPT you continue to drop in on every thread that doesn't pertain to you, and then call all of those who are unwilling to compromise their QOL "whiners"..

Some of us just have higher standards than you.... If you choose to post something on the cargo board about your happiness, I highly doubt any of us would know or even care...

But continue bashing those of us whiners who want more....

Last edited:
And how's that plan working out for you? Judging by your username, I would have to assume not too well.

Worked out well, thanks.... I personally enjoy Australia, New Zealand, and Korea... Japan is nice but I stick out like a sore thumb..... Unfortunately I get junior west coast trips pretty often.

Did have a bit of a scare recently, almost got displaced to the A330,.... I know torturous right??!! Luckily it worked out...

Based on your username I'd say you like the V1 and rotate call out... Have 8000 hrs and have flown a few a/c... Cool, good job.

Fine, we get it. You're happy with anything that is better than job "X"...

Personally I'm sure absolutely none of us care about you or your job. EXCEPT you continue to drop in on every thread that doesn't pertain to you, and then call all of those who are unwilling to compromise their QOL "whiners"..

Some of us just have higher standards than you.... If you choose to post something on the cargo board about your happiness, I highly doubt any of us would know or even care...

But continue bashing those of us whiners who want more....

Excuse me sir. I did not start this, I just agreed with a guy saying NJ was not that bad of a job. With which I agree, this was immediately bashed by a whiner that said AAL would be a much better job. I then encouraged him to make the move to those green pastures. No one should be unhappy if there is a better place out there. Of course a lot of guys who jumped from SWA and FedEx to AAL back in 2000 thought the same thing. How did things work out for them?

Yes sir i agree %100

"I've been an F/O at Netjets for 9 years, i hate this company, i'm going to AA"

15 year upgrade there, and if they throw you in the 737, MD80 or A320, you'd be doing the same s**t there you do here. You'll make more money there, but with our netjets' benefits, the diference is not that much. NJA is not that bad of a job

I an not bashing anyone here, but am just amazzed at the unhappiness I see here from guys that have some of the finest job in the flying business. Gotta run, got B-17 ground school today.

Is it true that if you call in fatigue at TMC they take it from your vacation days? That doesn't sound safe if true...

Is it true that if you call in fatigue at TMC they take it from your vacation days? That doesn't sound safe if true...

No. We would first need to GET vacation days before they could take them away from us. You call in fatigued and you get the day off, pretty simple. It's amazing some of the insane rumors people will start.

Latest resources

Back