• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Trans States Getting ATRs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
some of the routes that TSA will fly the ATR most likely will be the old J41 routes, which will all be flown under 10,000 feet.

I hope this trend keeps up until the regionals are bragging about who had the first "all turbo-prop fleet"!!!!

A few nights ago, we left ATL about 5 min. ahead of a 70 seater going to Panama City. We landed about 5 min. ahead of the same 70 seater. We burned less than half the fuel, and took only 4 less people.
ATR = FTW

Kids--

he didn't say ALTITUDES he said LATITUDES

those lines on a globe?

at not so subtle reference to ATR icing and Roselawn, IL.

for those of you who have not been in aviation more than a minute

:laugh: I was wondering when someone was going to point that out...

Turbo

PROPS ARE FOR BOATS!!!!!! Oh and I think my trolling motor might qualify!

A turboprop! Noooooo! The new pilots of today are too good for turboprops!
I actually ran into an Eagle RJ pilot (friend of a friend) who I thought had gone to a different and much smaller regional airline. I knew the upgrade there was very quick (6-10 months) so I expected to see 4-stripes on his shoulders when I ran into him as I hadn’t seen the guy in some 2+ years.

To my surprise he was still an FO and that’s when I realized he was an Eagle pilot. When I asked why he went to Eagle and not the other company (left seat in 6-10 months on a Brasilia or a Jetstream, can't remember) he said:

- "Well, it'll take me much longer to upgrade but at least I'm flying a jet!" then he added "Those turboprops seem pretty scary to me!"

I replied "huh?" and that's about as far as our conversation got; didn't want to waste my time on this “god's gift to aviation”

...No wonder passengers are scared of flying turboprops when even some of our pilots are! :smash:

I actually ran into an Eagle RJ pilot (friend of a friend) who I thought had gone to a different and much smaller regional airline. I knew the upgrade there was very quick (6-10 months) so I expected to see 4-stripes on his shoulders when I ran into him as I hadn’t seen the guy in some 2+ years.

To my surprise he was still an FO and that’s when I realized he was an Eagle pilot. When I asked why he went to Eagle and not the other company (left seat in 6-10 months on a Brasilia or a Jetstream, can't remember) he said:

- "Well, it'll take me much longer to upgrade but at least I'm flying a jet!" then he added "Those turboprops seem pretty scary to me!"

I replied "huh?" and that's about as far as our conversation got; didn't want to waste my time on this “god's gift to aviation”

...No wonder passengers are scared of flying turboprops when even some of our pilots are! :smash:

Hard to believe that anyone who flies airplanes for a living would say such a moronic thing.

That guy probably has a tube of anti-feminine itching cream next to the hair gel in his backpack.

I have no patience for wusses.

That guy probably has a tube of anti-feminine itching cream next to the hair gel in his backpack.

What's with the hating on hair gel, I wear hair gel every day. Have you ever seen my hair without hair gel? It looks like a giant f*cking cotton ball.

But, I don't keep it in a backpack.

Hard to believe that anyone who flies airplanes for a living would say such a moronic thing. That guy probably has a tube of anti-feminine itching cream next to the hair gel in his backpack. I have no patience for wusses.
Yeah, what's really funny is that one of his best friends who wasn't scared of turboprops and who did accept the job-offer from the small regional (and who was in the very same class the "scared of turboprops" guy turned down) has since moved on to CAL on the B737. He had no jet time whatsoever » all turboprop when he went to CAL some 6 (or maybe 8?) months ago; he had lots of pic time and he also managed to become an IOE and a sim instructor in a very short time frame; I guess CAL was impressed and that's all that matters.

His wuss buddy at Eagle still has years before an upgrade but is sooo jealous 'cause his own grandfather retired from CAL so that was his "dream airline." I bet his grandfather would be really "proud" of his grandson's "jet-job" and the decisions he's made if he was still alive... :rolleyes:

PROPS ARE FOR BOATS!!!!!!

:) So are Captains, First Officers, Stewarts and Decks. Wasn't it Pan Am that brought Boat terminology to Aviation, (when they had flying boats)?

:) So are ... Stewarts ...Wasn't it Pan Am that brought Boat terminology to Aviation, (when they had flying boats)?
You meant flight attendants, right? ;) Don't mess with people who handle the food you eat...or peanuts and sodas if you don't get crew meals...:laugh:

Latest resources

Back