Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Trans States downgrades and furloughs - Again...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
....you're right...it was APA scope language....same mistakes....CHQ bought the single list...you folks didn't....

Mainline pilots and ALPA/APA created this situation....Whipsaw is powerfull and it costs negotiating capital to buy it back...Nobody wants to pay for it, but everyone wants to complaign about the result....

They worked out a deal that was palatable. We weren't able to. Don't forget, there was no actual negotiating that happened here. They said "here, take it or leave it." I left it. And I will not forget. I may be out of the airline business soon but all you Gojet types have made an enemy. More than one.

They worked out a deal that was palatable. We weren't able to. Don't forget, there was no actual negotiating that happened here. They said "here, take it or leave it." I left it. And I will not forget. I may be out of the airline business soon but all you Gojet types have made an enemy. More than one.

I'm not a "Gojet type"....The fact is Gojet is just another alter-ego...much like the ALPA created Compass and MidAtlantic....

I understand your frustration.....but we created much of it within our own unions.....

Joe you are not making any friends here- this is not the time to argue GoJets was the fault of the TSA pilot group. You go fly the line at TSA for a while and then maybe you can talk, because clearly you don't know how things are working for Hulas.

Joe you are not making any friends here- this is not the time to argue GoJets was the fault of the TSA pilot group. You go fly the line at TSA for a while and then maybe you can talk, because clearly you don't know how things are working for Hulas.

Hulas is a scumbag....I wouldn't work for him....

GoJet is a direct result of the APA scope language that wouldn't allow TSA to fly 70 seaters for United....

Just like the Republic certificate over at CHQ.....

Bad scope language just makes things worse....

Great, thanks for making your ad nauseum point again at our expense.

Hulas is a scumbag....I wouldn't work for him....

GoJet is a direct result of the APA scope language that wouldn't allow TSA to fly 70 seaters for United....

Just like the Republic certificate over at CHQ.....

Bad scope language just makes things worse....

I think you must be the biggest D-Bag I ever met...By far...

Can't we drop this. The fact is that Gojet is here and it's nothing new. WE all know what is was created for, if people don't agree with that, nothings going to get accomplished by arguing in these forums. If majors have the power to create place like compass then why the hell can't the regionals create gojets.

Last edited:
I'm not a "Gojet type"....The fact is Gojet is just another alter-ego...much like the ALPA created Compass and MidAtlantic....

I understand your frustration.....but we created much of it within our own unions.....

Mid Atlantic and Compass are not alter-ego carriers. MDA was essentially a B-scale that was to be flown on a different certificate, but it was still mainline pilots with mainline seniority numbers. American has had B-scale pilots, and I believe US Air's MetroJet (tomato jet) was also B-scale. All B-scale is, is a way to make newly hired (or recalled) pilots within a union work the same job for less money and reduced benefits. It allows everyone already on property to keep their lifestyle and wages, and make the newbies absorb the "cost-savings".

Compass is just another wholly owned like PDT or PSA, with flow through agreements. Again, it is not a whipsaw.

....you're right...it was APA scope language....same mistakes....CHQ bought the single list...you folks didn't....

Mainline pilots and ALPA/APA created this situation....Whipsaw is powerfull and it costs negotiating capital to buy it back...Nobody wants to pay for it, but everyone wants to complaign about the result....
Good luck to all the TSA guys out there. I hope you all find good jobs.

Joe, this isn't a thread about GoJet but that topic is always a black cloud over the TSA pilots. It is unfortunate that you are now spouting the NO vote for one list to these guys who were not even there at the time, but are facing the reality of loosing jobs.

It is not very complicated,
1. GoJet was created by TSA to get around the APA clause.

2. There was a contract offered that was voted down.

3. NO NEGOTIATIONS TOOK PLACE AFTER THAT.......

It was THEN a tool to subvert union workers and designed that way from the beginning.
To furlough pilots and offer them jobs at GOJET is an insult and you should figure out that you are pouring salt in the wound created by TSA MANAGEMENT and not the pilot group.

No argument will win blaming this on the pilot group.

Good luck to all the TSA guys out there. I hope you all find good jobs.

Joe, this isn't a thread about GoJet but that topic is always a black cloud over the TSA pilots. It is unfortunate that you are now spouting the NO vote for one list to these guys who were not even there at the time, but are facing the reality of loosing jobs.

It is not very complicated,
1. GoJet was created by TSA to get around the APA clause.

2. There was a contract offered that was voted down.

3. NO NEGOTIATIONS TOOK PLACE AFTER THAT.......

It was THEN a tool to subvert union workers and designed that way from the beginning.
To furlough pilots and offer them jobs at GOJET is an insult and you should figure out that you are pouring salt in the wound created by TSA MANAGEMENT and not the pilot group.

No argument will win blaming this on the pilot group.

Fair enough, however there are those out there that believe TSA pilots should have voted yes on the matter and worked out the details later. That would have at least ensure the future of the company and more importantly the flying. Look at where TSA is now. Both sides have a point. There are no airlines out there that currently fly 70+ seaters for below 70 seat wages. I have no idea how long that would have gone with TSA if they voted yes.

And by the way GOJET in no shape or form has offered jobs for furloughed TSA pilots, guys are going there on their own will.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back