• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Tranny ALPA MEC - Dragging their feet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What do you expect from the "Former" Eastern people?

Just flew a three day with a Checkairman who is in "the know" with the status of the negotiations between SWA, SWAPA, and Tranny ALPA. Evidently the company is quite upset with how the ALPA ATN-MEC is continually dragging their feet with the Agreement in Principle.

From what he told me they were supposed to have final language drafted this week yet ATN ALPA couldn't be bothered with pesky little things like deadlines and working with SWA management. So now it has been pushed to next week. And from what he told me this really isn't ground breaking stuff. Just hammering out the final tiny details.

So now SWA is pretty pissed. Way to go ATN ALPA! No wonder AirTran management treated you like crap, sounds like you deserved it.

Can the ATN ALPA MEC tie their own shoes without needing two weeks advance notice?

What do you expect from the "Former" Eastern people?
As usual, you haven't a clue as to what you speak of Ronald Albert J.

There are 1737 AAI pilots. Of that number, about 20 are left over from Eastern. How many you got over there at NetJets? Are you still on furlough, with nothing better to do than troll the boards?

any pics of her?

If you want I can email some to you?

I keed, I keeed.:D

I'd love some tasteful photos of her.

All I have at the moment are the oil paintings that I've created over the years. I paint her every evening by candlelight. It's very peaceful .... Just the sound of my bubbling water pipe and Vivaldi.

Thanks

:pimp:

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see what the AAI pilots think of the SWA way of distributing the flight deck duties...maybe I am wrong but it seems like SWA FOs do a lot of stuff and the CPs not so much...I mean of course on a routine flight...we don't start the engines though...

SWA captains do, uh, let me think, uh, .....buy me everything. Besides that, not much, it lets me take my mind off all this other crap immersing myself in my toils. Really, it ain't that much of a thing, you can turn this beast in an easy 7 minutes, 9 if you have to call clearance and modify routing. By then the cappy is back from his terminal hero walk.

Looks like my Checkairman buddy was correct. Just found out that ALPA has (once again) pushed back their meeting to vote on the AIP to next week. WOW! Is all I can say. This was supposed to be wrapped up in a matter of days! Your MC agreed to it and yet your MEC can't seem to get their sh*t together to ratify it and send it out for a membership vote. Can ALPA do ANYTHING in a timely manner?

Pretty soon the ATN pilot group is going to discover what happens when you look a gift horse in the mouth. Gary Kelly has given you plenty of chances and the ATN ALPA is trying their best to screw it up. If I was an AirTran pilot I would be incensed.

Last edited:
Might want to let your "Checkairman buddy" know that AIP stands for "Agreement in Principle" which doesn't get voted on, ever.

The vote will be on the actual Agreement, which hasn't been finalized yet.

I'm sure he'll appreciate the clarification. ;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back