• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Tranny ALPA MEC - Dragging their feet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i think it is good for the swa fo's to be paid capt pay if flying with a junior AT capt. face it boys, they do things different and it will take a year or so for us to get up to speed on the southwest way of doing business. i can fly the plane and read the checklist, but i have no idea on how to be a "southwest capt" and i hope the senior fo's will help in that dept and they should be paid for their trouble. if any of us think we are going to pass a checkride and be as efficient as a 10 yr swa pilot then we need a reality check.

i look forward to the chance of learning how to do it their way. i may not like my position on the sli, but i will not try to change what works for them with a bad attitude going forward.

This is a humble attitude and one I would do if the shoe was on the other foot. Your hired!

Yes those SWA boys and girls fly the airplane so much differently than all the other airlines. Really?? Are you that big of a tranny tool.

Actually yes, you will see. I have seen pilots with over 20 k hrs come to SWA and say how different it is.

Good luck over here,it seems you will need it.

I have heard that they do things differently from most airlines. For example, they apparently don't trust FO's to start engines. Interesting, to say the least.

You must be a pleasure to fly with. Remember its our airplane not yours.

You just lost the moral high ground Tex. It's our airplane and they're our passengers.

I'll be humble, and I am a pleasure to fly with. However, there will be no grovelling. From anybody.

:)

You just lost the moral high ground Tex. It's our airplane and they're our passengers.

I'll be humble, and I am a pleasure to fly with. However, there will be no grovelling. From anybody.

:)

The humbleness will do you a great service at SWA. No big words in the cockpit please.

The humbleness will do you a great service at SWA. No big words in the cockpit please.

Agreed on both counts.

I used a Thesaurus, two English language dictionaries and my concubine to compose the post. It took us three hours.

:D

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back