Tranny ALPA MEC - Dragging their feet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
UNREAL!

When you are at the gate, ready to push back, do you look at numbers and data and think.....that's PROBABLY right and yet you make a decision to proceed because.... the info was given to me, so it must be true.

If the gate agent told you that there are 100 pax on board and you had no one to verify that, even though it looks like a full A/C (137 seats), are you going to do the work and find out the accurate info or take it at face value

I'm gonna personally take it at face value! Why -- because I know this bitch will fly with at least 30 extra passengers aboard!! Of course, that is assuming that they all weigh the 150 lbs we assume they do, and its not a hot day in MDW...but hey, I'm willing to take that chance. Isn't everyone??!?? Pussies!

PW

These numbers you guys throw out there...just to add to that...I am an 8 year AirTran capt and will hit 180k this year. If the deal goes thru I will still be a captain, but on reserve for 10 years. What does a reserve captain make over there? Just wondering if I'll be seeing that 100k raise...

I was a SWA CA last year, on reserve. I made $250k, no bull********************, whilst commuting. So maybe not 100k raise, but 70k-ish. Is that acceptable? Don't let the inability to ever make that kind of money sway your decision....heaven forbid.

Fraternally,
PapaWoody

Alpa may be a little slow right now, but we only need 30 days for a vote. Swapa needs 45 days. The plan is to have the votes end at the same time.

I'm a 10 year FO and will make $220 this year...haven't made less than $200 in 3 years. You guys just don't get it. Get the full company 401k match up to federal limits, pay $150/ mo for full family medical. SWA FO>Airtran CA.

When will the ATN MEC make their call?

You realize that everyone is still out in Dallas negotiating the language, right? It'll be another week before it's even done. The MEC isn't going to do anything until the language is finalized.

You realize that everyone is still out in Dallas negotiating the language, right? It'll be another week before it's even done. The MEC isn't going to do anything until the language is finalized.

This post shows how absolutely little you know. If they are "negotiating language", then why do I have in my possession the actual side letter and ISL, verbatim?

Negotiations are over.

This post shows how absolutely little you know. If they are "negotiating language", then why do I have in my possession the actual side letter and ISL, verbatim?

Negotiations are over.

You have your SL9, which is just one of several documents that have to be finished. There is still much to be done.

Negotiations are over.

I hope he is actually right about one thing and that is ATN MEC not allowing this go to a vote.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back