"Traffic in sight"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"SO SHUT THE F##K UP.............."

That's what I want to say when I hear blabbering pilots saying uneccessary, stupid, annoying, useless blather on the radio.

And BTW, can we drop this "Any chance..." wording when requesting something? Oh....and be sure and add the phrase "...if available". The controller needs to be reminded to only give a new altitude or route if it's available so yeah, that's very good to remind him and good use of radio time. Another common but useless blather phrase. When does it end?

God, last night I heard another ".....no worries" as a response to a simple heading assignment by ATC.

Last edited:
"SO SHUT THE F##K UP.............."

That's what I want to say when I hear blabbering pilots saying uneccessary, stupid, annoying, useless blather on the radio.

And BTW, can we drop this "Any chance..." wording when requesting something? Oh....and be sure and add the phrase "...if available". The controller needs to be reminded to only give a new altitude or route if it's available so yeah, that's very good to remind him and good use of radio time. Another common but useless blather phrase. When does it end?

God, last night I heard another ".....no worries" as a response to a simple heading assignment by ATC.

You know, you seem a little high strung lately; what with multiple threads and posts about the typical, common radio chatter that seems to really, really bother you. Maybe you should talk to someone about it before your BP gets too high. Mainly because it's pretty much the way radio traffic works. Every day. Across the entire country. And it ain't gonna change anytime soon.

Bubba

...and then there was the lady working TOL Departure in the wee hours about 15 years ago who included "cool" in every sentence. When I asked her where that could be found in the Controller's Handbook, she didn't miss a beat: "It's in the appendix".

It doesn't have to work that way Bubba. I much prefer the radio work in Europe....very little of the useless unnecessary crap that goes on here in the U.S.

It doesn't have to work that way Bubba. I much prefer the radio work in Europe....very little of the useless unnecessary crap that goes on here in the U.S.

not sure if you fly down south but SWA is doing a pretty good job for the most part in sticking to ICAO radio procedures. Kinda surprised.

You know, you seem a little high strung lately; what with multiple threads and posts about the typical, common radio chatter that seems to really, really bother you. Maybe you should talk to someone about it before your BP gets too high. Mainly because it's pretty much the way radio traffic works. Every day. Across the entire country. And it ain't gonna change anytime soon.

Bubba

What he said!! M80...can you say "anal"?

You're right in that it doesn't HAVE to, but it is. And it isn't going to change. Radio traffic in the U.S., for the most part, is from native English speakers, all from the same airlines going all over the country. And they all know and use the same idioms. That's the way they talk, everywhere, and nothing will change it. New guys listens to it, and start to talk that way themselves.

In Europe, all the non-native English speakers speak various proficiencies of English on aviation radios in all sorts of accents, so everyone has to stick to the script, just to be understood. Now, if every state in the U.S. had a different language, and their pilots learned English specifically to speak on the radios, THEN it would be like Europe over here.

There's the difference.

Bubba

Latest resources

Back