• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"Traffic in sight"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Whoa, here's a guy with great SA. The thread was about calling traffic in sight in the flight levels, partner.

And here's a guy with lousy reading comprehension. Where did I write that I was only referring to calling traffic in the airport environment?

I don't ever call traffic in sight at the flight levels. Or down low, with the exception I gave.

You've heard of see and avoid right? And the pilot's responsibility. It's in the AIM, might wanna take a peak. Traffic advisories is time permitting for controllers if that traffic is VFR. They're responsible for separation of IFR first.

And here's a guy who likes wild non sequiturs. I must have wandered onto a message board.

Who said I don't see and avoid? My technique keeps the controller in the game by making sure he doesn't dump the entire avoidance responsibility on me. Why should I alleviate him from his responsibility? Having three guys keeping us separated rather than just two sounds like a pretty good idea. Calling the traffic in sight is only going to result in him assuming I have the exact traffic in sight that he's looking at. What if I'm calling out the wrong traffic?

Which I stated in my first post. You all need to practice reading.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back