• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"Traffic in sight"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When you are above 18,000' and ATC lets you know about crossing traffic coming up, if you don't see the traffic right away, there is absolutely no need to call ATC back a few minutes later clogging up the frequency telling ATC that you now see the traffic. Did he ask you to report the traffic? No. It is simply done as a courtesy so you won't be startled when you see the traffic. Many years ago when jets first started flying, pilots almost climbed and descended on their own before warnings were issued. Anyway, no need to be a hero and call back ATC simply to report "traffic in sight", the controller really doesn't care and does not need you to report the traffic, so please stop adding to radio clutter.

Shut up dumb ass!! MAN you must be a pain in the ass to fly with.

That was a bit off side... Lord forgive me forgive for my outburst, and I pray that Mach 80 will find his way off of the avoidance bid list. Amen.

man all these fighter pilot calls here are making me hard (borrowed from Top Gun)

I know I know

Headin' into twilight, Spreadin' out her wings tonight...
She got you jumpin' off the deck and shovin' into overdrive...

When you are above 18,000' and ATC lets you know about crossing traffic coming up, if you don't see the traffic right away, there is absolutely no need to call ATC back a few minutes later clogging up the frequency telling ATC that you now see the traffic. Did he ask you to report the traffic? No. It is simply done as a courtesy so you won't be startled when you see the traffic. Many years ago when jets first started flying, pilots almost climbed and descended on their own before warnings were issued. Anyway, no need to be a hero and call back ATC simply to report "traffic in sight", the controller really doesn't care and does not need you to report the traffic, so please stop adding to radio clutter.

Kinda like now as you clutter up the board..............

SO SHUT THE F##K UP..............

Latest resources

Back