Tough Choice--SWA or UPS?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WillowRunVortex said:
P.S have you seen what the average 40 year old coming out of the Lazy Boy room looks like at UPS? Trust me, the LUV is gone in Louisville at 3AM.

Everyone I have seen looks fine.

Of course you are going to look like you are tired in the middle of the night.

Getting up at 3am for a 5am show and flying all day is not a peach either.

Fact: 40% of UPS flying is during day light.

Fact: UPS made 3.3 billion last year, saying 15-20% growth yearly.

Fact: Boxes DO NOT bitch...take it from some one who delt with 11, yes 11 medical emergencies last year for ailing pax.

The rest, my fellow aviator is QOL. Best of luck on your decision.

Flechas said:
To each their own. If flying at night is not your cup of tea, SWA is the way to go. I enjoy doing red eyes for example, some people can't stay up.

Enjoying the ocassional red eye is far different then signing up for continuous red eyes the rest of your career. It is a proven fact that the quality of our sleep suffers if it is to be accomplished during the day.

Just me, I couldnt do it for twice the pay.

Dude, I'd go with UPS if I were you. They will be getting the A-380!!!! Imagine how cool it would be to fly that thing!!!!

787 said:
Fact: 40% of UPS flying is during day light.

Fact: UPS made 3.3 billion last year, saying 15-20% growth yearly.

Fact: Boxes DO NOT bitch...take it from some one who delt with 11, yes 11 medical emergencies last year for ailing pax.

The rest, my fellow aviator is QOL. Best of luck on your decision.

Fact: you will not so much as have one subtle flirtation from some pretty young thing bringing you your lunch @UPS!

WillowRunVortex said:
Enjoying the ocassional red eye is far different then signing up for continuous red eyes the rest of your career. It is a proven fact that the quality of our sleep suffers if it is to be accomplished during the day.

Just me, I couldnt do it for twice the pay.

Like I said, to each their own. I get more tired flying during the day.

WillowRunVortex said:
Fact: you will not so much as have one subtle flirtation from some pretty young thing bringing you your lunch @UPS!

And where would this be? As far as I'm concerned all the lunch I get (And most people here I'm sure) comes from either a dying woman, or a gay dude.

Flechas said:
And where would this be? As far as I'm concerned all the lunch I get (And most people here I'm sure) comes from either a dying woman, or a gay dude.

LOL,,,I hear ya,,,but it does happen on occassion

Flechas said:

Or one so big that only the arm fits through the cockpit door. I'm taking it you're Houston based, Flechas?

Latest resources

Back