Tough Choice--SWA or UPS?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SWA or UPS?

Please don't flame me!! I am in the fortunate position of having to choose between UPS and SWA. I am in the pool for both and will probably take the first one to give me a class date.

I have 5 factors that I think are important: Job security, pay, benefits, quality of life, and culture. I give Brown the edge on job security and benefits and SWA the nod on quality of life and corporate culture. The last factor is pay. SWA is much better now, especially considering the money you lose at Brown during the first year. But if the new contract comes through, maybe UPS will have the better pay.

Like I said, I am in the pool for both and have at least a few weeks to entertain conjecture. NAy inputs?

Last edited:
To be hoonest, I would trade both for FedEx! FedEx is the best of both UPS and SWA. Job security, great pay and relatively quick upgrade. I just don't have a sponser!

I'd go with UPS any day.

No PFT, more types, more routes, international flying, better pay....you name it.

Congrats and best of luck!

Still, the lifestyle is way better at UPS, at least that's what I think. If you have a family and only want to fly in the 48, stay with SWA.

I think those are two very different comanies, and they choice should be easy depending on what the person wants.

SWA or UPS? said:
To be hoonest, I would trade both for FedEx! FedEx is the best of both UPS and SWA. Job security, great pay and relatively quick upgrade. I just don't have a sponser!

" I just don't have a sponser!"

I'll be your sponser,,,havent had a drink in 3 in years

Flechas said:
I'd go with UPS any day.

No PFT, more types, more routes, international flying, better pay....you name it.

Congrats and best of luck!

You name it ,,,NO SLEEEEEP

P.S have you seen what the average 40 year old coming out of the Lazy Boy room looks like at UPS? Trust me, the LUV is gone in Louisville at 3AM.

Last edited:
WillowRunVortex said:
You name it ,,,NO SLEEEEEP

To each their own. If flying at night is not your cup of tea, SWA is the way to go. I enjoy doing red eyes for example, some people can't stay up.

interesting position to be in...

i could give you the my opinion but it is really useless to you. you know what is important to you and your family and what will make you happy.

(ok--arm twisted--go to swa--you have already stated that fedex is better than ups so i say go there--really don't want you here in the cockpit bitch'n about what you should of and could of done--save yourself and poss. me the headache--thanks in advance)

best of luck on your choice

fbt

Latest resources

Back