• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Top ten uses for regional jets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lets see four years at ASA, fifth year pay, reserve captain and 70k per year or first year at any legacy, 30-40k, fourlough risk extremely high, hmmmmm.... think I'll stay put. By the way, the guy that started this thread, wasn't he a freedom A-lister? Talk about rocks and glass houses!

You have to be at the regionals for at least 15 years to even come close to 100K...with perdiem. Unless you are a checkairman then the override might bump you...or you are never home and working 100+ hours a month. B/S

Most regional contracts top out at about $105-$108 per hour after about 18 years or so. If you make it to that point...you are probably stuck.

You never broke six figures on the Avro? I did several years in a row and that was on 7-10 year pay. Isn't too hard to do when you live in base and take advantage of a little premium pay now and then. You gotta know how to work the system but it isn't hard to break $100K at a regional and you don't have to fly a ton to do it.

The first post mentioned air traffic delay generators....

How about:
A. United flights that insist on going M.65 even when they are number one of 6 flights headed to ORD. You will be getting a nice big vector and becoming number 6 if I'm working you.
B. The POS VLJs that are getting ready to hit the skies.....talk about a nightmare.

CRJ1s suck.
CRJ7s and 9s are a pleasure to work with.
ERJs are okay depending on whether or not the pilot is a moron.

I wanna put one in my trailer park to live in.

Put them in hangars with 777's going through "D" checks as a "comfort animal".

You never broke six figures on the Avro? I did several years in a row and that was on 7-10 year pay. Isn't too hard to do when you live in base and take advantage of a little premium pay now and then. You gotta know how to work the system but it isn't hard to break $100K at a regional and you don't have to fly a ton to do it.

On the AVRO 6 years..never broke 100K even with perdiem...did not live in base. You must have worked your butt off. Still, pay rates get stuck about that $105-108 range at the top of the scale. I had 26 years left...glad I was able to make the jump and have never regreted it ...ended up at a better place.
To each his own and sometimes you take a chance.

Latest resources

Back