• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Top ten uses for regional jets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well Rjs allow the geeks that fly them a chance to get sexually excited over something as they wait for the day they spend time with their first woman.

How about for airline travel because soon enough, most markets aren't going to support anything larger.

What a freaking LOSER!!! It takes a low-life to actually brag about flying a pi** ant RJ for 90grand, when if it were not for mainline guys giving scope away in the 90s because they were too good to fly rjs, you could actually be earning over 100 graand as an FO flying real airliners, and given time be in the left seat for a lot more. But you musn't be intelligent enough for that, after all you just fly a barbie jet!

Yes, it's true- scotch and the internet don't mix well. Good to see you have flown a CL-65 though.

You have to be at the regionals for at least 15 years to even come close to 100K...with perdiem. Unless you are a checkairman then the override might bump you...or you are never home and working 100+ hours a month. B/S

Most regional contracts top out at about $105-$108 per hour after about 18 years or so. If you make it to that point...you are probably stuck.

What is the value of getting furloughed? 5 years ago we had 2 Delta furloughees and a 3 from other majors in our class. I know 2 of them are already furloughed again.

It may change in the future, but historically speaking there is a good amount of wisdom built up in a regional guy who's been here for 15+ years... far better schedules, Decent money and never been furloughed. All this assuming he never turned down a job with a cargo company.

and the #1 use for an RJ....To start an inane thread on F.I.

so why did you contribute to such an inane thread? I think good points were made.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back