• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Top ten uses for regional jets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Quit slamming RJ's and the pilots that fly them. You sound like elitist snobs. RJ's are better than their predecessors like Saabs, Jetsteams, Short, etc...

Actually they're not. It's funny when I reflect on 5K hours in the Jungle Jet, my first thought is what a POS that thing was! Only reason I had a good time was cause the airline and crews made it happen. Yet when I think back on barely 1K in the Shorts I get the stereotypical 'paid my dues in that beast' grin on my face.

Open any airline mag at Borders and there's probably an article about how much fun a Twin Otter was back in the day written by a current 757 captain. Somehow I don't think 10 years from now you will see an overabundance of cushy articles written by mainline guys concerning found memories in RJ's. Reality is most guys that came up in Rj's are more then happy to say Bon Voyage to the garbage...

The only RJ one can have fond memories in is the DoJet, and I'm sure fellow 328'ers will agree!!!!

Ya, I'll give you that. The DoJet is missed. Totally different than that Piece of siht CRJ.

How about using the hulls as "mini-greenhouse", you park it at the local nursery, and they can use it for "Micro climate". It might put a real use for them.

The only RJ one can have fond memories in is the DoJet, and I'm sure fellow 328'ers will agree!!!!

The Avro was loved at Mesaba though it really was a mainline airplane... derived from the BaE 146 that was flown by places like Pacific Southwest, American, US Air, ect. I still miss flying that plane.

They should be melted down and used as urinals. Id buy one and p*ss on it every morning.

Latest resources

Back