• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Top ten uses for regional jets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Could have something restricting him to that speed. It's been a while since I dispatched the CRJ, but there were a few things that could limit it to M0.65

Talking about UAL mainline that wants to conserve fuel by slowing up everyone behind him. When I have to space 20 miles in trail, he'll be at the back of the pack. So much for fuel savings.

Mainline pilots can cry over their beers, paid for with their unemployment checks, about how RJ's have ruined their careers, all day. In fact it is those of us STILL flying RJ's that should be angry. It is you who ruined OUR careers, you should have allowed them on property years ago, and it is you with your well funded unions who should have stood up in 2001-2002.

Huh? Somebody held a gun to your head and MADE you undercut pay and work rules?

"Please stop me from screwing myself!"

Mainline pilots SHOULD have done something about it. Had we known noobs would sell themselves out for a shiny jet, maybe we would've...eh?

You have a goal. If you'd like it to remain something worth pursuing, perhaps you ought to re-examine what YOUR actions have done to diminish it.

Nah...just kidding! Continue your blameless self-actualizing!

We should make all the horrible Airline CEO's ride on a CRJ on a 3 hour flight. No Air conditioning and no drinks or snacks allowed.

Newark To Dallas

The list would include: Stephen Wolf, Bob Ferguson, Frank Lorenzo, Crandall....

:pimp:

Brilliant! Can we add Glen Tilton to that list?

Enough of the $20,000 to fly a jet BS....

Like $30,000 first year to fly a 737 or MD80 is any freakin better! It's called first year pay. Get over it. You all did it, but now you're at the Majors so you get to slam RJ pilots. Last I checked, you had to take a Regional job to get to a Major.

Quit slamming RJ's and the pilots that fly them. You sound like elitist snobs. RJ's are better than their predecessors like Saabs, Jetsteams, Short, etc...

Should Major pilots fly them, who knows. If so, then there would be no Regionals, but the RJ's would still be there. Would there be a thread to make fun of them then? Probably not.

Enjoy your heavy iron. I'll go fly my ashtray, beercan, paper weight now.

I took a job at a regional before they had RJ's with the expectation that if I kept my nose clean I would at least get to interview some day at a mainline. That has never happened yet I still need to pay my mortgage. I have not sold myself out, the Mainline Unions did it for us.

Enough of the $20,000 to fly a jet BS....

Like $30,000 first year to fly a 737 or MD80 is any freakin better! It's called first year pay. Get over it. You all did it, but now you're at the Majors so you get to slam RJ pilots. Last I checked, you had to take a Regional job to get to a Major.

Quit slamming RJ's and the pilots that fly them. You sound like elitist snobs. RJ's are better than their predecessors like Saabs, Jetsteams, Short, etc...

Should Major pilots fly them, who knows. If so, then there would be no Regionals, but the RJ's would still be there. Would there be a thread to make fun of them then? Probably not.

Enjoy your heavy iron. I'll go fly my ashtray, beercan, paper weight now.

Nothing wrong with RJ's !!!!!

boat anchor

set a few on fire and have someone jump over them on a motorcycle, evil kenivel style!

man made reef

Amazing- mainline gives up the scope, then they get mad at pilots for flying the left overs. We work on contractual gains, they give up concessions, and RJ drivers are still the ones that sell out the industry.

How about this- there will never be power within a trade union that reclassifies itself into two or three sub catergories. The infighting and "my airline/airplane is better than yours" has started the tumble downwards.

Either we stand united, or we don't- it's relatively clear to me- why not to others???? There shouldn't be regionals- only one airline with a single list. Until that happens, there will always be weakness and division amongst a group that should stand tall and truly run and industry.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back