• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Too cheap to run APU......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, but once you have one, it is one sweet sound. You can hardly hear it on the now heated and air conditioned flight deck while doing your preflight checks, even with the door open. It was 18 degrees the other morning, but nice and warm inside.

Oh I agree that they do a great job for your airplane. But when I'm preflighting my aircraft in the same 18 degree weather, sandwhiched between the two APU running aircraft with only my cold dark aircraft for shelter, I hate the sound of your APU ;) lol

You tell me you will be there at 0900 Then the APU cranks at 0815 and runs until you actually do show up. My gyros are so old they need that much time just to spool!

Oh I agree that they do a great job for your airplane. But when I'm preflighting my aircraft in the same 18 degree weather, sandwhiched between the two APU running aircraft with only my cold dark aircraft for shelter, I hate the sound of your APU ;) lol

I felt the same way in the Beechjet & Premier. I know exactly what you mean.

I wish all you guys would use GPU's over APU's... your APU's are too loud!

funny

Thats funny Cherokee. It would seem prudent to me to run ones own APU, and let folks that dont have one use the GPU. What a concept!

Burn it at ocean reef. The same *********************************** bastards that ride in on the iron bitch at you while you run the APU.

and give you the finger while you're landing

Latest resources

Back