• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Today's Wallstreet Journal, page B3...Union Strong

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hide in those shadows G4. It shows real backbone.

I and others like me should not have to show backbone to disagree with the union version of things. We should be able to debate without having to show backbone. You don't have to show "backbone" to disagree with me, but I do have to "show backbone" to disagree with your side. Don't y'all get it?

Sorry, let me alter the "hyperbole" to better fit.

It is the fight for our livelihoods.

And it IS a winner take all. This next CBA will decide if Netjets is just another crappy job, or a great career stop.

This EMT is hellbent on reducing our compensation package, our QOL at work, and even our very job satisfaction.

It will be a hard enough fight to maintain what we already have, and an absolute street brawl to make improvements. The EMT will get nastier, and we'll have to do the same if we hope to have any chance.

I'm not sure why you think our fate rests in the hands of a mediator. A mediator has NO POWER to force either side to agree to anything. If I'm wrong about that, please point out where. The only REAL power the NMB has to affect our negotiations is the ability to release us to self help. But the NMB will ultimately be deciding exactly nothing for us or the company.

The best compensated jobs in aviation all have had their moments where they made a very large leap in their contracts. They had to go the distance and were not worked out through reasonable mediated efforts where ultimately both sides just talked it out and met in the middle. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I believe this is OUR moment to make that leap. I've been here almost 18 years, and this time around just FEELS like this is the one.

This IS winner takes all. Either the EMT will get what they want, or we will. The first one to blink is going to get run over. I don't see a lot of middle ground here. Maybe if the EMT had been at least respecting us and treating us better all along, I might agree with you more. But they've openly attacked us using some pretty awful intimidation techniques and games, and I'm seeing more and more angry pilots ready to go the distance. Some people I never would have expected it from. I'm seeing fewer and fewer pilots who will accept a mediocre CBA this time.

Only time will tell.

Good post. We all get a little hot from time to time. :) Your points are valid, but I am worried we will price our employer out of the marketplace. If we lost our jobs, that would be a bad thing, right? The Dude is a little uneasy.

Hide in those shadows G4. It shows real backbone.

I disagree with Gutshotdraw about union issues, but I don't have to have a "backbone" to do so. He is great to fly and travel with, and can discuss the most contentious issues with courtesy and respect. I wish more pilots were like him. Then pilots like me would not need to "show backbone."

I am worried we will price our employer out of the marketplace. If we lost our jobs, that would be a bad thing, right? The Dude is a little uneasy.
But you don't have to worry because unions never put companies out of business. But Hey, if things don't work out there JUS is always hiring. This might bring out some more name calling

YIP sucks..

There ya have it..

And yes, I don't give a flying Fvck how immature it sounds....

Notice how YIP doesn't post his drivel on the Majors board... Wonder why that is? Could it be because places like the fractional, corporate, and cargo boards are the only places he may get 1 outta 100 agreeing with him.

G4 your argument is so incredibly weak. If you believe in your position, you should have the backbone to stand up in the light and say so. If someone disagrees with you, so be it. It's called conviction. It's called leadership.

YIP sucks..

There ya have it..

And yes, I don't give a flying Fvck how immature it sounds....

Notice how YIP doesn't post his drivel on the Majors board... Wonder why that is? Could it be because places like the fractional, corporate, and cargo boards are the only places he may get 1 outta 100 agreeing with him.

You are funny I post you respond like Povlofs dog. But instead of saying bow wow, you say" yip sucks". But after last night, nothing could unmake my happiness at way the GOP stomped the libs

Your points are valid, but I am worried we will price our employer out of the marketplace. If we lost our jobs, that would be a bad thing, right? The Dude is a little uneasy.

A 7/7 schedule year 9 CE-680 sic makes about $36/duty hour. ($79,000/182 = $434/day $434/12 = $36.17/hour) In 2006 on year 3 at ASA I made $37/hr. The sovereign pilot has a lot more duties and responsibilities than the RJ pilot.

I think it is safe to say our employer is pricing us out of the market due to his poor decisions and obsession with an unrealistic 4-6% return on revenue.

But you don't have to worry because unions never put companies out of business. But Hey, if things don't work out there JUS is always hiring. This might bring out some more name calling

and we all know management has never put a company out of business.

Latest resources

Back