• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Today's Wallstreet Journal, page B3...Union Strong

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Extending the CBA was a predictable expense that would not have really changed the bottom line back to WB significantly and definitely not BH profits. Short and simple, they got greedy.

What is happening now was controllable by people that should have known better. A very profitable company, in actual dollars back to BH (not to mention to soft money passing one pocket to the other), makes for an unfavorable bargaining climate for the Company. The more the economy improves, especially for the wealthiest of the world, the more the concessions fall on deaf ears.

It is all actually somewhat entertaining to watch. Leadership has sufficiently ticked off all the employee groups, unionized or not, so the call to arms against the big bad NUC is getting nowhere. It is an impossible sell to get employees to agree to take cuts all the while, desiring more profits to BH.

BH is making money hand over fist, all the while poking a stick in the eye of the working class in America as smart BH people find Duracell loopholes in the tax laws so BH can avoid paying taxes. At the end of the day BH investors make massive returns and the rest of us just want to be treated with respect and compensated appropriately for the product we deliver.

As a good benchmark, about 4 years ago, NJASAP bought one share of BRK.A for around $115K. Today that share is worth $218K. BH does not need more from NJ employees.

Don't underestimate Jordan's desire to make a name for himself and look good to Warren. This is a guy whose first career plan was to go into politics. He views NJ as a stepping stone in his career and would love to 'solve the union problem' at NJ so that he can put that line on his resume. He is not focused on what is best for NJ, but rather what is best for JH.

Don't underestimate Jordan's desire to make a name for himself and look good to Warren. This is a guy whose first career plan was to go into politics. He views NJ as a stepping stone in his career and would love to 'solve the union problem' at NJ so that he can put that line on his resume. He is not focused on what is best for NJ, but rather what is best for JH.

I can assure you I never underestimate anyone. I have pretty much seen it all from both parties so I have learned to "Expect the unexpected."

I can assure you I never underestimate anyone. I have pretty much seen it all from both parties so I have learned to "Expect the unexpected."
as opposed to expect nothing and never be disappointed

That's true; as experienced professionals, we expect far more than "nothing" for our services.

as opposed to expect nothing and never be disappointed

You mean work for free? Or work for crumbs? I have to disagree. Professional services with good results earn the appropriate reward. Anyone who thinks otherwise should just go and flip burgers....a job that is equal to their self worth.

You mean work for free? Or work for crumbs? I have to disagree. Professional services with good results earn the appropriate reward. Anyone who thinks otherwise should just go and flip burgers....a job that is equal to their self worth.
Of course not, but to take job and have expectations it will something different leads to disappointment. Life too short to run around being disappointed. If things don't work out, vote with your feet. Remember unions take care of the upper 51% of its members and those members will vote to preserve their position even if it means screwing the 49%

Last edited:
This is your opinion and not supportable by factual evidence at all.
right B scale, regional airlines instead of mainline flying, saple to the bottom of the list, etc were all management ideas

Latest resources

Back