• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Today is a very important day!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
“cos” and “doh” are indeed none existent words.. However, lot’s of people use those “words” at this bulletin board.. That’s why I don’t have a problem using them..

Thanks for your advice, I appreciate it

Friendly regards,
FD

P.S. This is my last reply to this stupid topic.. Maybe I’m to old to play this childish game with ya..

Sounds like a plan! I’ve completed a JAA/CAA/FAA approved CRM/MCC course, I also wrote a CRM course for a small charter company in the West, last year, when I was 20 y/old.. I would love to see your “152” and talk about CRM/MCC issues. Very important stuff..

Re beer: you are buying buddy, you are inviting me, and you are the rich “older” guy..

Last edited:
Ok,

Now I’m signing off.. I’m going to watch “Conan O’Brien” (so I can learn something about your culture ;) ) and go to bed..

All the best.

Going to Denver any time soon? Drop me a PM

Note to vavso: When correcting other peoples grammar and punctuation, make sure yours is perfect.

Hate to get TonyC over here!

Flyingdutchman said:
Show this topic to your grandparents.. I'm sure they will be proud at ya.. I’m also sure that I’m glad for them that back in their days your fellow country man where more civilized towards them..
Not quite. This nation as a matter of policy may have been more open (because most of the immigrants were European and more or less like us) , but your "friend" here has plenty of like-minded people going before him (because many of the immigrants weren't =completely= like us). Immigrants throughout US history have been accused to varying degrees of being oversexed, "taking our jobs", trying to "steal our women", "corrupting our youth", being shiftless and lazy, being crime-ridden, being loyal to some outside power among other things. You name it. It's all been there before. I think it started with the first group after the Pilgrims.

TO024 said:
Ok, I am really confused here. Basically what does this law say? Will it affect me as a student pilot in a university aviation program?
I noticed that folks were way to busy arguing with each other to answer you.

Without getting into too much detail, the TSA regulation requires the registration and security checking of non-US citizens who receive flight training. As part of that process, the rule requires flight schools to verify US citizenship and keep copies of proof of cirtizenship papers - birth certifciate, US passoprt, naturalization certificate. Part of the rule went into effect earlier this month, part went into effect October 20, and part has, as of yesterday, been delayed until December 20.

Whether citizen or not, the rule affects the you as a student pilot in a universityaviation program unless the program is strictly a ground school. The rule applies to flight training, which includes training in both airplanes and simulators.

Chances are your school administration is handling it at that end.

PNEPilot said:
I'm a UK citizen, permanent resident alien, been here eight years...

The US Naturalization process would require me to renounce my British citizenship and hand over my passport to the US authorities, yes.

No. The US does not require a new citizen to take any formal steps to renounce his old citizenship before officials of the "old country"; and when the other country continues to claim a naturalized US citizen as one of its own, current US policy recognizes that such a person may have to use a passport from the other country in order to visit there, and such an action does not put the person's US citizenship in jeopardy.

I'm a naturalized citizen; was never asked to renounce my "old country" citizenship or hand over my passport.

Flyingdutchman said:
Dutch and English people die for your country as we speak buddy, while fighting your war, and without being US citizens. FD.
What's funny is, a lot of U.S. citizens don't realize that the first Governor of Montana was one of the original founders of the Irish Republican Army. He was sentenced to "transportation" (this is known as "citizen death") after being captured by the British during one of the earlier failed armed rebellions.

After coming to the states, he served in the Union army during the Northern War of Agression, went to law school and became a lawyer. He also organized U.S. based financial support for the Irish Republican Army and was involved in U.S. based armed invasions into Canada.

It may be possible to become a Dual Citizen of the United States, and your country of birth, I believe there is a short list of countries, of which Israel, UK, and Republic of Ireland are a few.

The law is the law, no matter how pointless it may seem. Learn it and make adjustments to your business. It really isn't that complicated, and is better than doing nothing, or worrying about offending the minority of pilots like myself.

US citizens funding the IRA...there's no doubt about that...if they only knew.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back