Today is a very important day!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FlyingToIST

That dumb ass TSA's rules are in effect for the new "protect us from aliens" rule for flights with aircraft lower than 12,500 lbs..

Today is also the day that I will have to get finger printed, background checked, etc. etc. every time I get an instruction for an additional rating or for BFR, or for IPC; since I am a permanent-resident, not a citizen.

Today is also the day that CFIs making $500-600 / month will be required to spend most of their time putting together paper work.

Today is also the day that a lot of flight schools will lose business because the government wants to keep us safe from the little birds that fly in this country.

Today is also an anchor day for American democracy where government can make up a rule off of its ass, doesn't have to pass through Congress or Senate and have at it..

T.S.A.= Totally Surpressing Aviation

FL000 said:
Quit yer bitchin'. You're lucky to be here.

So, you're a native american then?

Last edited:
FL000 said:
Quit yer bitchin'. You're lucky to be here.
That's exacly a fasict regime would say.. I guess you are not concerned about flight schools closing.. I guess you are not concerned about CFIs working for peanuts being responsible for doing government work.

I am lucky to be here. I live in this country.. I live and work and hire and employ people.. but when my government (see, my government, because I pay taxes to it, obey its laws) becomes a fasict one, passing laws with no due process, I get in the way of preventing it.

The people who are claiming that US is the heaven on Earth are the people who have never been outside of it.

Get off it, already. I have to go through the same process to instruct any foriegn student, and I have absolutely no problem with it.

You think this is going to cause any flight school to close? You're out of your mind.

Have you bothered to read up on the program? Apparently, from your comments, you do not understand it, else you would not have posted what you did.

Foriegn students fall into one of four categories. Category 3 applies to candidates who request training for aircraft with a maximum certificated takeoff weight of 12,500 pounds or less. Category 4 applies to candidates who are current and qualified on the aircraft for which they are requesting training. Most students who are not seeking trasnport category training fall into either of these categories.

If you fall into category 4, if you'll be training in an aircraft for which you're already qualified, there is no processing fee. If you've already been fingerprinted and cleared, you do not need to be fingerprinted again. TSA spells this out clearly in their web site.

For category 1 and 2 students, who are seeking training in large aircraft or training for air carrier operations, the fee must be paid for each course applied for, or for each instance of training. Show up and do all your training at once, pay once. If you come back later, pay again.

If you're not seeking to train on a new aircraft, if you're already qualified in the aircraft you'll be training in, you don't need to pay the fee. That means no fee for flight reviews and instrument competency checks; you're already qualified in the aircraft. Once you've submitted to the fingerprints, you're done. For the most part, for what you want to do, it's a one time shot.

Facist? Who do you suppose you're kidding? Get off it, already.

Last edited:
Does anyone out there understand this thorouhgly or know where to read up on it? The way I'm reading it is that I have to verify US citizenship of anyone wanting to work on an additional rating as of today, regardless of if I have worked with them before or not. Is this right? I'm supposed to instruct tomorrow and don't know that I understand at all what I am supposed to do.

cale

Latest resources

Back