• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Today is a very important day!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Big fukcing deal folks, get over it. You can B!tch, whine, moan, and complain untill hell freezes over, who really cares. Get over it and accept it as most of us do without having to complain about it. I have read my share of dumb comments and threads but this surely takes the cake. This is almost as comical as those who will b!tch and complain about having to walk through security at the larger airports and how us flight crews have it so hard. Get over it.

As avbug said, you truly are really out of your mind if you think flight schools will be forced to close due to this.

FlyingToIST,

Just a suggestion, you may want to educate yourself a little more before you make incorrect assumptions and bring drivel to the board.

accept it, it ain't going to change.

3 5 0

TSA has posted some interpretive letters here:

http://dms.dot.gov/search/searchResultsSimple.cfm

This is the site where public comments are made. If you scroll to today's entries you will see two items titled "Response" rather than "Comment". They are a series of letters that makes some interpretation changes.

I only looked at them briefly. Some are interesting, such as redefining training to include only instruction toward a new certificate or rating - so, for example, flight reviews and checkouts are no longer considered flight training.

Hopefully, these interpretations (and others) will be dealt with in an amendment to the rule itself rather than in a series of informal letters where the TSA can simple change its mind with no formal process at all. (although AvBug and FL000 seemed to think it was just fine the way it was - silly AOPA!)

Well it is a problem, maybe justified to fight terror but it is an expense for our US trade balance. The DOJ clearance is normally valid for 30 days. Example: European crew needing a FAA proficiency check in a Boeing jet. Both have been cleared by DOJ several times. One goes past his 30 days just prior to training and must reapply to DOJ. The process takes more time than usual for some reason, sims have to be cancelled, rescheduled and everyone waits until the DOJ clearance finally arrives. This has a domino effect for the airline, line trips rescheduled, crew relocated and so on. What does the customer do… buy Airbus in the future? Don’t operate on US pilot certificates? Many overseas operators currently use US registered aircraft, this might change. The same crew can go into a non FAA simulator at many locations around the world and do what the 9-11 terrorists did … very frustrating, I don’t have the whole picture but the current DOJ rule seems ineffective to me.

350DRIVER said:
Big fukcing deal folks, get over it. You can B!tch, whine, moan, and complain untill hell freezes over, who really cares. Get over it and accept it as most of us do without having to complain about it. I have read my share of dumb comments and threads but this surely takes the cake. This is almost as comical as those who will b!tch and complain about having to walk through security at the larger airports and how us flight crews have it so hard. Get over it.

As avbug said, you truly are really out of your mind if you think flight schools will be forced to close due to this.

FlyingToIST,

Just a suggestion, you may want to educate yourself a little more before you make incorrect assumptions and bring drivel to the board.

accept it, it ain't going to change.

3 5 0
Well,
what avbug is talking about is the case for foreign students. What I am talking about is "every student". In my case, I will have to go through the process EACH TIME I have to :
- Get checked out in a flight school.
- I do a BFR
- I do IPC
- I receive any kind of instruction.

On top of that as a CFI I have to keep the records of all people I instruct for a certain period of time, produce those records when I am asked..

As far as Part 61 schools, despite the same level of record keeping for PArt 141 ones, this is not enabling them to accept foreign students even after the background check..

Do you see my point?

Last edited:
What happens if I inherit a student from another instructor, or work in a 141 school where a student has multiple instructors. Do I personally have to give the logbook endorsement regarding citizenship validation, or if another instructor gave the endorsement can I take that endorsement to be enough and provide training???

cale

Of course it is going to hurt flight schools. Immediately hitting every potential new student with a $130 "fine" and inane paperwork before he or she can even start is going to deter new students and reduce demand.

Sunnfun said:
So, you're a native american then?
Uhhhh, yes I am. What's your point? The original poster isn't even a citizen and he's whining about our procedures. Perhaps he'd like to become a citizen and then proceed to do something about it. Until then, put up or pull out.

As far as being a fascist and anti-flight school...hogwash. My career was built on instruction, first receiving, then giving. I realize the importance. However, I'm an American before I'm a pilot. Anyway, what's going to kill the industry faster, restricting free and unchecked access to flight schools, or one bomb-laden plane (of any size) into a building in the U.S.? Oh wait...that would never happen, right?

dmspilot00 said:
Of course it is going to hurt flight schools. Immediately hitting every potential new student with a $130 "fine" and inane paperwork before he or she can even start is going to deter new students and reduce demand.
Not quite. The $130 doesn't apply to citizens.

But you have to wonder about a rule that requires Dad to bring his passport for his birthday Discovery Flight in a 152 while at the same time permitting a renegade Saudi prince to "test drive" a 737.

You also have to wonder about a rule that requires individual CFIs and mom & pop flight schools to do the government's data collection job instead of, for example. requiring an earlier application for a student pilot certificate and then running the information against the government databases is "protecting" us.

Unless, of course, despite the 911 Commission's report lambasting the Government's inept database management, three years after 911, it =still= can't do it. In which case we have a =lot= to worry about that won't be taken care of nonsensical rules that make =some= people feel better while doing nothing.

how soon we forget...

Flyingtofirst would you mind sharing with me what country you hail from?? I would be very curious . How does that government react when people express "critical views" of government mandate? that being said :

safety for a little inconvenience ? are we forgetting the rag heads who took flying lessons -not wanting to learn to land just fly ?? Give it a break! .In some countries you cannot even own or rent a plane or fly at night without an Instrument rating . I think you should focus on the unfortunate aviation crashes of late and pray that they don't stop people from flying altogether ! People have this idea airplanes are dropping outta the sky 100 times a day when in reality its a very safe mode of transport and a great pleasure for us.

on a more personal note...being that you are freelance are you paying "ALL" your taxes?? Or are you part of the flock of people here on visas or illegally making money in the underground economy and sending a western union with your $ back to one of 50 foreign countries . ?
You are obviously an intelligent person having the cfi and all but how about taking the citizenship test and helping build this country and change the way the government is run . I get a little tired of any criticism of this country from non citizens . Sorry if that offends you but its from my heart Vavso

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back