Today is a very important day!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NoPax said:
It may be possible to become a Dual Citizen of the United States, and your country of birth, I believe there is a short list of countries, of which Israel, UK, and Republic of Ireland are a few.

The law is the law, no matter how pointless it may seem. Learn it and make adjustments to your business. It really isn't that complicated, and is better than doing nothing, or worrying about offending the minority of pilots like myself.

As a UK Citizen and US Permanent Resident, I can tell you that you are wrong about UK born immigrants being allowed Dual Citizenship. As I stated above I would have to renounce my British Citizenship if I choose to become a naturalized American. I could still subsequently reapply for a British passport at any time, but that act would result in the revocation of my American citizenship.

My American born daughter does have the right to dual US/UK nationality and can hold both British and American passports.

NoPax said:
US citizens funding the IRA...there's no doubt about that...if they only knew.
Yea, what a concept, Americans funding indigs against tyranny.

The point about the first Governor of Montana, was that he was just as American as the rest of the people around him at the time.

Also, interesting side bar. When those guys were run out of Canada during their armed invasion, they were given their guns back to them in the US and told to not do that again. Now in America, do a low pass over a football stadium and you get the chair.

From the Bureau of Consular Affairs:

Intent can be shown by the person's statements or conduct.The U.S. Government recognizes that dual nationality exists but does not encourage it as a matter of policy because of the problems it may cause. Claims of other countries on dual national U.S. citizens may conflict with U.S. law, and dual nationality may limit U.S. Government efforts to assist citizens abroad. The country where a dual national is located generally has a stronger claim to that person's allegiance.

However, dual nationals owe allegiance to both the United States and the foreign country. They are required to obey the laws of both countries. Either country has the right to enforce its laws, particularly if the person later travels there.Most U.S. citizens, including dual nationals, must use a U.S. passport to enter and leave the United States. Dual nationals may also be required by the foreign country to use its passport to enter and leave that country. Use of the foreign passport does not endanger U.S. citizenship.Most countries permit a person to renounce or otherwise lose citizenship.

An interpretation of British Law
Although acquisition or use of US citizenship does not of itself jeopardise retention of British citizenship, and there is not objection on the part of British authorities to a dual citizen using a US passport, it should not be assumed that the reverse is also true. A US citizen voluntarily acquiring British citizenship may lose his US citizenship; and a dual citizen who makes use of his British citizenship in certain ways, for example joining HM Forces, taking an oath of allegiance to Her Majesty and in certain circumstances exercising other rights or privileges of British citizenship, may jeopardise his US citizenship. The US authorities expect dual citizens to travel out of and into United States territory only on US passports. British citizens who are also US citizens are therefore advised to consult the US State Department (or if overseas a US Consul) before taking any action which might be regarded as inconsistent with their status as US citizens.

The fact that you may have to renounce your British Citizenship infront of an American official, in America, is not recognized by British Law, only if you renounce it in front of a British official.

FN FAL said:
Yea, what a concept, Americans funding indigs against tyranny.

Tyranny??? Last I checked the UK was a democracy.

The PIRA, INLA, IPLO and UVF, UFF, LVF, RHC et al were TERRORISTS in a DEMOCRATIC society - now they have been reduced to gangs. There is absolutely no other reason, other than sectarian hate, that these organizations exist, and I abhor the actions past and present of every one of them. Every American that doesn't object to the war in Iraq or Afghanistan, should also, because they are no better than Al Qaeda

In a Democracy the majority rule, and if you don't like that, you are free to engage in the political system to make changes.

FN FAL said:
Yea, and we should all be hung as traitors.

Actually,'we should all be hanged as traitors' is gramatically correct.

http://www.amnesty.org.uk/action/camp/dp/intro/uk.html

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans]UK abolishes death penalty completely and signs up to a permanent ban[/FONT]

It follows the abolition of the death penalty for treason and piracy in the 1998 Crime and Disorder Act and is part of a global trend which has made massive strides in recent years.

As recently as 1965 - when Britain abolished the death penalty for murder - there were just 12 countries in the world that had fully abolished the death penalty.

I am the original poster of this thread and I submitted about a year ago. I caught a lot of flak by some dumbasses but during a year I had to :

- turn down 10 people because they were here temporarily and they wanted to get flight training. TSA is not fast enough.
- Submit paperwork for two people four times!! TSA claims that they haven't received passport scans. So I resubmit them. They don't receive it, we send an email..
- Due to fingerprinting one guy took a month and a half to start on his instrument rating.

Last week I was going to get a list of people who got approved by us so far, I discovered that I could see the information of 25,000 applicants to TSA; not just my school.

This is nothing but crazy, useless piece of crap system.. We have NSA, CIA, FBI, SEVIS to determine if an immigrant has a security risk. Flight schools should and could not be part of this effectively.

when you say 25000 applicants' information to TSA, what type of applicants. New students, pilots changeing jobs, or everybody that needs a security check in any way, shape or form from TSA?

Dumbluck said:
when you say 25000 applicants' information to TSA, what type of applicants. New students, pilots changeing jobs, or everybody that needs a security check in any way, shape or form from TSA?

we are talking about people who need TSA approval to get flight training.. so it applies to new students for under and over 12,500 lbs, people coming to states on business visa for Flightsafety, Boeing, etc training; basically everybody that needs to go through the www.flighttrainingcandidates.gov website.

As a school i should be able to see only my candidates, but all 25,000 people were out in the open..

Latest resources

Back