To the Gulfstream crew at TEB...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hawkerflyer

this afternoon who felt the need to criticize my static takeoff over the radio, remember one thing: when I'm cleared for takeoff, that runway is mine. If you're in that big a hurry to taxi into position and hold behind me, you might want to consider a course in better scheduling or moving your departure up a bit. Last time I checked, normal takeoffs were supposed to be static, we just often try to balance that with passenger comfort and long runways. Your arrogance no longer surprises me, it's just yet another reason to not be overly impressed with some of you.
May the sport commence...

Ahhh......Teterboro just brings out the best in all of us

Yeah, in which case I would have addressed the post "To the citation crew at TEB".

hawkerflyer said:
this afternoon who felt the need to criticize my static takeoff over the radio, remember one thing: when I'm cleared for takeoff, that runway is mine. If you're in that big a hurry to taxi into position and hold behind me, you might want to consider a course in better scheduling or moving your departure up a bit. Last time I checked, normal takeoffs were supposed to be static, we just often try to balance that with passenger comfort and long runways. Your arrogance no longer surprises me, it's just yet another reason to not be overly impressed with some of you.
May the sport commence...

Sounds reasonable to me. Now how about you climb or descend next time I'm behind you doing .87 and you're100 kts slower ;)

Ace

hawkerflyer said:
Yeah, in which case I would have addressed the post "To the citation crew at TEB".

fair enough..i just got the feeling you were saying that gulfstream pilots are as a group "arrogant", which is untrue. if it was an erroneous interpretation, then i apologize.:)

Last edited:
Why can't this ever happen to me? Oh you gotta give us more than that. What did they say? Do you know their tail #?

V2 climb at 300 feet/min
Accidentally forget to turn that X-ponder on
Nice slow ½ bank turns, you get the picture.....
That’ll shut ‘em up next time. It’s one thing to fly your own airplane, but to see a crew doing it by the book (static take off) then taking issue with the operation of an aircraft that you are not crewing is way out of line. I bet that guy is a real treat to be on the road with. One thing I have learned is that lots of these pilots (not all) have horrible personal lives, control issues, etc and when they are at the airport that is the only part of their life they can control (to some degree), so they take it out on line staff, front desk women, co workers, etc.

I haven't been to TEB for over a year. This thread is making me a little nostalgic.

Latest resources

Back