• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

To the AirNet Puke who stole my seat...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If it clears things up any, I am at a different airline now than ACA (best of luck to you guys). I won't get all wrapped up in whose fault it is that we only have a 2 seat-limit relationship with WN, but I will say it is NOT WN's fault.

This kid had a pass of some sort, maybe even a real ticket, but it sure as heck was not a JS pass. The gate agent went by the check-in time of the pass the kid arrived with not the time of the JS list sign in. I don't know enough about the WN policy on this, nor do I think it is my place to comment on it, especially b/c the gate agent was doing his best to get me on, somehow.

I have been refused JS on Airnet both times I attempted in the past b/c "there was not enough room for a J/S-er". (And that was before I got fat!) I have no hard feelings about this b/c except for this kid, I have found EVERY AirNet pilot I ever met to be the kind of guy you want to have a beer with. I have no idea the snowjob he pulled to work there. But he does not fit their profile.

He had to know what he did b/c he avoided eye contact like I was a shark that had frickin lasers on my fricking head.

Anyway, I am ticked at this guy, but those of you who know me, you know how I like to explode for fun in here and get some laughs out of it. I call people names but we all know eachother usually. But overall, seriously, I still will remember this guy and he will pay.

Whoever said the remarks about commuters feeling entitled to a JS b/c they commute: I hope you too feel the pain of needing it one day. With the krap the airlines pay, and the way domiciles close, it's not a choice but a necessity for many of us. Perhaps you were blessed with enough money to live in domicile or got lucky enough to get hired into where you live, but not everyone has such luck.

Anyway, I'll just leave it at this: what he did was wrong. If his AirNet brethren see this thread, I am sure they will spread the word around the company about professional jumpseat etiquette and courtesies. After all, until this puke, I never met an AirNetter who was not a top-notch likeable guy. Perhaps he will be policed by his own.

Last edited:
Regarding jumpseating rules and privileges, you guys that are bashing acaterry are probably right, but this is not about being right or wrong. It's simply about professional courtesy, like a few said. We are supposed to be together in this business, helping each other out as pilots, having management trying to screw us any way they can is enough, we don't need more than that.
In my short time in the 121 side of the industry, i've had a couple guys take a seat in the back just so i can make it to work, and I have also done the same a couple times.
Let's stay together guys, fly safe.

Flechas

Last edited:
Standby 1 said:
In the past 6 months, I've given up the j/s to other pilots who were in more dire straights than I was. Twice I've had another pilot give up the jumpseat for me when I was in a bind. It's called professional courtesy. And yes, in regards to the pilot's wife scenario, if I were jumpseating out to my husband's RON and a pilot was trying to get to/from work, I would indeed give up that jumpseat. But that's just me.

I believe from the post it seemed like she was just a non-rev that took a seat that the jumpseater thought he was more entitled to have. No professional courtesy issues involved. Why should his getting HOME be more important than anyone else?

Rook said:
not to bash eagle (love you guys for getting me home so much) but...

Trying to commute from DFW-SPS on Eagle post 9-11.
Rook

Why would you try to commute to SPS? Happiness is SPS in the rear view mirror.

I was commuting home Monday from the worst 4-day of my life and my airline switched to a smaller plane, making the flight overbooked. I signed up for the cackpit jumpseat knowing full well that another brother was trying to get home on the same flight. Being the awesome guy that I am, I listed for a seat in the back. My union brother came up about 30 mins after me and saw the situation at the gate and realized that he may not get home for a few more hours. I told him that it was cool, because I signed up for a seat in the back and the agents were talking about misconnects. Lo and behold, I got a seat and immediately gave up my jumpseat form so that my union brother could get home, too. They boarded 5 more non revs after me and filled up the plane. It feels good to help a brother out. I wish everyone would do it.

Sincerely,

B. Franklin

A couple of us "AirNet Pukes" were talking about this post last night and we have an idea of who it might have been. If its who we think it is, you're kinda right, he is a tool. I have no clue on why someone would wear a pilot shirt and put brown shoes on and kahkis on too. Most of us (with a drop of common sence) have a pair of black shoes and black pants so we can look like the rest of the penguins.

So anyways, I apologize for your encounter with someone who needs a reality check big time. Also, i remember a person by the name of Terry in college and if its the same person, you were a pain in college and you're kind of living up to it again.

ACATerry,

In order for us starcheckers to narrow down to whom this individual might have been and help educate he and the rest of our group, would you be so kind as to either pm his name to me or even give me the city pairs and date that he was travelling. I am based in our headquarters in CMH and was part of the discussion the other night trying to find out who it was. Our 2 "suspects" both claim that it was not them, and I do trust their word. Thanks in advance and on behalf of our pilot group, we do apologize for the inconvenience and disruption that it may have caused.

USC328

P.S. - We do travel on green passes frequently that are provided to us by the company. They are positive space, but my knowledge is limited as to if this would count as a jumpseat used when a limited jumpseat agreement is in place.

Had a commuting experience once with a AE guy trying to get home for his first child's birth. We had already pushed and the Captain went back to get him and I gladly gave up my seat so he could get home. Captain even asked me before he went back to the gate if it was ok. I told him he didn't even have to ask. We need to get this guy home. Beside's all I had to do was cut the grass.

To this day, I'll give up my seat for anyone that is in a bind. However, don't be a tool in that regard.

OBTW, my new AE friend made the birth by 20 minutes and I'm glad to report they had a healthy 7lb 9oz baby girl.

Passes?

The funniest part about this so called Airnet guy writing a pass is that Airnet doesn't have passes or ID90's on any carriers whatsoever. Nice try.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back