Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
talk about a drama queen!

seriously, should have talked to the dude, might have worked out for you

commuting sucks a$$...it's fun to have so many variables involved when trying to commute...keeps the commuting game interesting at the very least

Just a side note though. Don't you love the people that always ask the same question "Do you fly the same routes?"

328dude said:
Just a side note though. Don't you love the people that always ask the same question "Do you fly the same routes?"

Ha ha! I get that question all the time, too. I thought it was just people I know, but I guess it's universal.

I also love to see the look on their faces when they ask "where are you going today" (as I'm commuting to work) and I say "Don't know, don't care -- I'll find out when I get there." Maybe that'll change now that I'm going to RJ transition and will have some new cities to see.

BTW, so this is on topic -- when I was an offline jumpseater, I had a guy once write a pass and then sit on the actual so I could be the "jumpseater" in the back on a full airplane. To him and everyone like him, THANK YOU!!

So Airnet gets passes on SWA?

Anyways, bottom line is did the gate follow the right procedure? If you don't like being bumped off flights...then DONT COMMUTE!!! Nobody makes you do it. And don't start with me either, I commuted for 3 years so I know how it is.

Realyman said:
So Airnet gets passes on SWA?

Anyways, bottom line is did the gate follow the right procedure? If you don't like being bumped off flights...then DONT COMMUTE!!! Nobody makes you do it. And don't start with me either, I commuted for 3 years so I know how it is.

Maybe the dude has a wife and kids who don't feel like chasing him all over the country when one airline after another goes belly up or has massive furloughs? It's not like that $23/hr at the new job is going to buy a nice house or rent a decent apartment in any large hub city. Had to love our ORD/IAD hub premium (for ground staff) when I was at ACA -- $.50/hr! Woo hoo! Like that extra $60/mo after taxes really makes that $850 studio in the DC suburbs suddenly affordable. Ain't nobody holding a gun to his head, but it ain't so easy just to pack up and move to the next domicile. Sometimes ya just gotta make a sacrifice and suck up a commute for the sake of the family.

Wow, this thread is still going??

I found the opening post title line to be good for a laugh...

"To the AirNet Puke who stole my seat..."

Oh really now... YOUR seat? Do ya think maybe SWA or the captain might've thought differently? I'm pretty sure it's "their" seat. Kinda presumptuous, don'tcha think?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back