• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

To the AirNet Puke who stole my seat...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
someone steals your jumpseat when they can write a pass and sit in the back and therefore not be counted as a jumpseater, allowing you to be the ACM. Many thanx to the UEX guys who do this time and time again while I'm trying to get to work on UAL. I appreciate it greatly, you guys rock!

You know it seems that it would be more professional to simply have a delicate word with the offender rather than putting it all up here. I just got bumped off a half full Delta flight 2 minutes prior to departure by some mainline DL j@ck@ss who was too cheap to write a pass but I am not going to complain about the poor decision to bump someone that close to departure (especially when you can write a pass to get someone on, which BTW I have done numerous times for DL guys) - or their policy of only taking 1 even though my airline will take as many as show up. Are you new to commuting?

Last edited:
I just got bumped off a half full Delta flight 2 minutes prior to departure by some mainline DL j@ck@ss who was too cheap to write a pass but I am not going to complain about the poor decision to bump someone that close to departure

If I were you, I would complain about this one. It doesn't cost anything to non rev on Delta. Actually, it doesn't make any sense that he would use a jumpseat pass instead of his pass card. You won't get first trying to jumpseat most often.. Too many non revs that would get the seat first.

I was bumped once after a long 4 day trip trying to get from RIC to STL. I was in CVG, a two leg commute is tough enough, but being stuck in between really bites. I was bumped by a wife of a Comair pilot who was going to the overnight with him! I was talking to her and she didn't seem to care that I had been gone for 4 days, two days off and had to use one of them to commute back!! She scurried on to the airplane pretty quick when her name was called.

I didn't think it cost them anything but I was not sure. Doesn't make me feel any better about getting booted off though... The Captain the gate agents apologized profusely for their collueges poor decision but policy is policy after all. I just wish that some progress would be made towards getting unlimited JS at more majors....

How is it that Airnet pilots can write passes on Southwest? This is the first I've heard of a 135 operator having ID70/90 or whatever priveledges.

Twotter76 said:
Are you new to commuting?

No, its just that people keep stealing from him. Like CQFO's taking his upgrade and those GoJetters who will be stealing food from his children.

I can understand being angry, but you don't have a leg to stand on. WN does have unlimited jumpseats. Airnet has the same pass travel priveledges as the airlines. I'm not really understanding why it was such an issue. Was the flight full? That jumpseater is just as entitled as you are. Perhaps you should plan a bit better for your commute.

box

Latest resources

Back