• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

To ALL UNITED pilots courtesy of ALL UAX carriers and their pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well said Rez. Infighting between labor groups makes management very happy. No one on this board has the individual power to affect any change. Management puts labor groups in positions that require a settlement (concessions, scope etc vs. furloughs, closing the doors etc). To say that mainline pilots are responsible for this and express pilots are responsible for that is silly. We all go to work when we're supposed to. We all have the same goal...to live a decent life. Squabbling amongst ourselves leaves us with less time to look at issues that really make a significant difference to us all.

But we're not powerless either.

We need to take responsibility for how we each have created this. My generation has been as guilty as any for chasing the carrot and not valuing what they do in the meantime. The last generation has been guilty of disenfranchising genX and allowing scope to be violated. We've all allowed a certain amount of corruption in our union leadership and not being involved enough to hold them accountable.

But make no mistake-- it didn't 'just happen'. We all got complacent and real comfortable and forgot what it took to make this career a CAREER.

Get involved. It is your duty to at some time serve in your union and know what is going on.

Leadership: It's your duty to create a culture of involvement and service in your union- with a revolving door of line pilots serving. There are things you can do.

I keep waiting for cooler heads to prevail...The UAX letter was a mistake of colossal proportions. An information campaign is ok, asking UAL pilots to help is ok, threats are not ok. UAX pilots didn't even know this letter existed let alone what its contents were before it was sent. UAX pilots were not consulted prior to the letter being sent. The response to the letter was predictable. How do people respond to ultimatums....? Not well.
Not one guy I've spoken to is going to deny UAL pilots the jumpseats, I won't, its a ridiculous concept.
Beyond that UAL is going to get a certain level of priority, they pay the freight. The April 07 letter to UAX JSCs asking for priority was not unreasonable. It did not ask for priority over that companies pilots, just everybody else. Plus, the UAL guys have a lot on their plates right now. I have to admit that being perceived as being upset about the ease of my commute seems pretty petty in the face of 1400+ guys losing their jobs.
Common sense and deescalation are needed pronto.

I appreciate your support and understanding. I hope more guys understand that this ultimatum is going to nothing more than create a huge divide amongst pilots. Good luck to you.

Pretty rare I post anything, let alone the same in two forums. The original UAX letter said we would be forced to deny the jumpseat on all airplanes regardless of tail-color:

Daily Departures:

Skywest 1794
Republic 1300
Mesa 800
Colgan 360
GoJets 78

Total 4332

UAL 1550 (prior to parking 737's)

That's 1,550 flights I might want to get on and 4,332 flights you might want to get on. Let's all quit thumping our chests and fix the problem.

Seems the UAX letter campaign was a success. Everyone seems to be aware of the UAL software priority problem. Now we just need to see if UAL wants to do the right thing and fix it. Congrats to all the UAX JSC's. Brilliant!!

You think this was a brilliant idea? You need open your eyes, this was one of the dumbest moves your JSC's could have done and some day when you grow up you might see that. Are you one of the express pilot's I have heard say "who cares what I get paid, look at what I'm flying" I heard this when I was an express pilot on several occassions, if so that would explain a lot.

Pretty rare I post anything, let alone the same in two forums. The original UAX letter said we would be forced to deny the jumpseat on all airplanes regardless of tail-color:

Daily Departures:

Skywest 1794
Republic 1300
Mesa 800
Colgan 360
GoJets 78

Total 4332

That's 1,550 flights I might want to get on and 4,332 flights you might want to get on. Let's all quit thumping our chests and fix the problem.

4332 Flights (not all UA) to CLE MDT ABE TYS ect

1550 Flights to SAN HNL SJU SEA GEG ect.

According to ALPA as of 7/17 won't be a problem for either of us.

Sorry folks, I can't help myself. When I read stupid crap like post #315 I just fire back. Talk about chest thumping "4332 RJ Flights" rah rah give me a break. Does anybody else see that is not a good thing or is it just me?

Daily Departures:

Skywest 1794
Republic 1300
Mesa 800
Colgan 360
GoJets 78

Total 4332

Well good luck, but I as one UAL pilot and a previous express pilot doesn't appreciate being threatened. I have no control over UAL's software and you want to threaten me with an ultimatum, that doesn't go over very well. Right now all you have accomplished is drive a wedge between me and the UAX pilots supporting this letter. UAL pilot's concern right now is the 950 active pilots that are about to be placed in the unemployment line and trying to support our families. This priority issue can be easily resolved by the UAX pilots to just make a short walk to the gate to make sure the proper priority was followed regardless of what the computer came up with. I did that as an express pilot, why is that difficult for UAX guys. You can control that, I can't control UA's software.

Just remember, if United goes under, so do you.

Not likely. Our EMB170s will fill the market void on their own, and there won't be any jumpseat issues. Maybe there is some truth to the legend of the guppykiller, after all.

Sorry folks, I can't help myself. When I read stupid crap like post #315 I just fire back. Talk about chest thumping "4332 RJ Flights" rah rah give me a break. Does anybody else see that is not a good thing or is it just me?

I think you have the wrong post, I had post #315 and said nothing about 4332 RJ flights. that was a couple post before mine.

Latest resources

Back