• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

To ALL UNITED pilots courtesy of ALL UAX carriers and their pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They will fill the regional flying needs of whatever carrier swoops in to pick up the scraps if United fails. They have the ability to switch brand loyalties, you do not.

And that would probably be southwest and they have no express carrier. Every carrier out there is trying to get rid of 50 seat RJs, I know you have 70 seat RJ's but don't exprect to many carriers to try and bring in 366 aircraft to fill the void, these are fragile times and carriers are a bit gunshy on expansion, besides isn't Delta cancelling a lot of express contracts? Why do you think the express guys are immune to the downturn in our industry? Is it because we pay for your fuel?

I am not privy to the RFP process and how regional carriers are selected. Not that you would care anyway, you gave that flying up with contractual scope concessions. You don't want to fly those silly RJs anyhow.

I'm also not quite sure why you are referring to me as a regional pilot either. I fly twin engine Cessnas.

I believe, in this case, that "YOU'RE" (as a contraction for "YOU ARE" would be correct. YOUR would indicate something possessive, like YOUR GUPPY. Just trying to help.

Thanks for the red ink teach, at least we know you have a back up plan to your pilot career.

I am not privy to the RFP process and how regional carriers are selected. Not that you would care anyway, you gave that flying up with contractual scope concessions. You don't want to fly those silly RJs anyhow.

I'm also not quite sure why you are referring to me as a regional pilot either. I fly twin engine Cessnas.

Then why are you trying to inflame a post you have nothing to with. And for the record I did fly the RJ's for a few years, I didn't give up any flying.

You may not personally have voted for it but your pilot group certainly did. Am I not allowed to participate in this discussion? I am offering an opinion from outside your screwed up airline, nothing more. Sorry if you disagree with my opinions.

Thanks for the red ink teach, at least we know you have a back up plan to your pilot career.

That's a much better use of the word "your". I'm happy to help, and am sure it will be of much use when you put on your orange apron at Home Depot.

That's a much better use of the word "your". I'm happy to help, and am sure it will be of much use when you put on your orange apron at Home Depot.

Don't think I will be working at the depot any time soon, yes I will be furloughed soon and yes you will still be an a$$hole, but before I end up doing a non flying job I will be back home in Alaska flying with my wife and soon to be new baby girl and there I can be a part of her life on a daily basis, so even with the bad I can find some good.

imacdog - you are entitled to your opinion, thats the right that our military has fought to keep. UAL has many problems but I challenge you to find an airline that is not screwed up. I was on different property before I came to UAL property and let me tell you that I have been much happier here with UAL, but thanks for your clueless opinion.

Don't think I will be working at the depot any time soon, yes I will be furloughed soon and yes you will still be an a$$hole, but before I end up doing a non flying job I will be back home in Alaska flying with my wife and soon to be new baby girl and there I can be a part of her life on a daily basis, so even with the bad I can find some good.

Sniff, sniff...That's real sweet, man!

Why don't you go back to eating your Mc Donalds, and do us all a favor. I have plenty of things in aviation I can do and have plenty of irons in the fire.

We care, really! Tell us!

Well, my work is about done here, for the day. As a final thought, I leave you with this brief video message:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd-MpXCMcIs

Latest resources

Back