• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

To all members in good standing of IBT Local 1108 that frequent Flightinfo.com:

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Mighty Favog has spoken. There is nothing more to say except...

B19, Go spew your anti union drivel somewhere else. You don't have a dog in this fight, so your opinion matters to no one here. That's the truth, deal with it.

Ignore works amazingly well

Last edited:
Ignore works amazingly well

True... that's exactly what your union has done to all the promises from three years ago. If they came through, the union president wouldn't be defending his stance on a public forum and the T/A would speak for itself.

My disdain is for the union entity and the turmoil created by it

you seem to take perverse pleasure is pissing pilots off! If you are trying to convince us, then why don't you state your arguments in terms that pilots will accept, instead of placing yourself outside of the realm of acceptance? You defeat yourself before you are even read. I happen to agree with some of what you say, but not your methods. You lose your argument because of your tone, regardless of whether you are correct in your facts. You sound like a polarized senator who has lost track of his argument because of his politics. I truly hope you learn to state things in a form that will gain your ideas more respect. I have to say, after all this time, that I don't expect it.

Wacoflyr

No.. those pilots that are pissed off are union members who feel it is their right to come in and take over a company.

I have never disrespected the profession, the job or the importance the pilot has on any given flight. As a matter of fact, it's rare I even discuss that.

Unions on the other hand constantly create turmoil and disrespect hard working pilots, crewmembers and ground personnel.

Everything I've stated is coming true... the TA at FLOPS is not what the pilots thought it would be, there are layoffs at NJ, pilots were forced to "voluntarily" make career decisions they shouldn't have had to make...

All the while non-union fracs keep chugging along. High seniority is protected while low seniority is sacrificed and last but not least.. that industry leading contract will fall before it's over.

My disdain is for the union entity and the turmoil created by it, not the working pilot.

Dear Mat,

I am not a FLOPS pilot. I worked for a Frac for a year but moved on to greener ($$$) pastures. I still fly so I have an ongoing keen interest in what happens in the Pilot World. I personally supported the union drive you guys put forth. Without a union contract we all would be stuck in the right seat at year 3 making $42,000 (no offense Waco). I understand the need for a Contract with FLOPS. That being said.....

....you came onto this board with a very decent post, asking people to keep the discussion in-house (although I disagree with you on that). You seemed very professional and I detected a lot of sincerity in your words. THEN...you didn't shut up. You proceeded to post several more times, taking pot shots at, and making personal attacks on those who didn't agree with you. I don't care who shot first......you are in a position of leadership and that negates your right as a professional do retaliate. THEN.....you posted THIS THREAT to your fellow union members.....

I will promise you one thing. We will find out who you are (we always do). And when we do, I will personally insure all of our members know who you are and what you have done to work against their best interests.

Mat.....threatening your fellow union members was the most irresponsible and unprofessional thing I have seen in years. While I hope you guys do eventually find common ground and vote to ratify a decent Contract, I suspect this type of threat from a Union Boss might be the downfall of things of a while. Perhaps you can apologize to these guys for your "Mobster Threat" and they will forgive you, but I personally could never rally behind such a leader. Again, good luck to all of you guys. Your vote affects all of us who fly. Peace.

Kyle Bryant (no anons here, dude)

Amen. I never took a shot at Mat, I only expressed my dissatisfaction with the TA along with why I am voting NO. Whether he believes it or not, I truly do appraciate all the hard work that went in to getting us this far, but I still think we could do better. Perhaps the real problem is that he doesn't have the solidarity that he needs to go further, I don't really know. What I do know is that attacking a MIGS just because he doesn't agree and support the TA is not the way to garner any respect. I chalk it up to frustration, because I am sure he has had more than his share, and he hasn't continued. Mat you may not respect me, but I truly do respect you and what you have done for us, even though I disagree that this TA is a good thing for the Flops pilot group. In fact, I think accepting this pay for 5+ years would be a bad thing for the industry in the long term. The work rules are pretty good for a first contract, but the duration is too long for the pay, and one or the other should be changed. That is my opinion.

Last edited:
Amen. I never took a shot at Mat, I only expressed my dissatisfaction with the TA along with why I am voting NO. Whether he believes it or not, I truly do appraciate all the hard work that went in to getting us this far, but I still think we could do better. Perhaps the real problem is that he doesn't have the solidarity that he needs to go further, I don't really know. What I do know is that attacking a MIGS just because he doesn't agree and support the TA is not the way to garner any respect. I chalk it up to frustration, because I am sure he has had more than his share, and he hasn't continued. Mat you may not respect me, but I truly do respect you and what you have done for us, even though I disagree that this TA is a good thing for the Flops pilot group. In fact, I think accepting this pay for 5+ years would be a bad thing for the industry in the long term. The work rules are pretty good for a first contract, but the duration is too long for the pay, and one or the other should be changed. That is my opinion.

Could not have said it better my self. The net pay we will see over the cycle of this contract is less then CPI. And don't count on getting anything from the SSP as defined in the TA. The company will have to reach activity levels of 2006 & 2007 before we see a cent from SSP.

Please look at this and PLEASE someone show me how I’m looking at this wrong.

Approximate current annual increase 1.3%

Number of years of contract cycle 7

Proposed TA increases Year 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

10% 3% 3% 3% 3% 3% 3%

Total net pay over contract cycle 18.9%

Net pay increase per year 2.7%

Sorry, I tried to paste a segment of a spread sheet but it does not play nice with the message board. None the less the number speak for themselves. :cool:

Last edited:
Could not have said it better my self. The net pay we will see over the cycle of this contract is less then CPI. And don't count on getting anything from the SSP as defined in the TA. The company will have to reach activity levels of 2006 & 2007 before we see a cent from SSP.

Please look at this and PLEASE someone show me how I’m looking at this wrong.

Approximate current annual increase 1.3%

Number of years of contract cycle 7

Proposed TA increases Year 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

10% 3% 3% 3% 3% 3% 3%

Total net pay over contract cycle 18.9%

Net pay increase per year 2.7%

Sorry, I tried to paste a segment of a spread sheet but it does not play nice with the message board. None the less the number speak for themselves. :cool:

OK, I’ll show you how you are wrong…

Year 1) 10%
Year 2) 3.5%
Year 3) 3.5%
Year 4) 3.5% + 3% = 6.5%
Year 5) 3.5% + 3% = 6.5%

Not sure where you are getting the 6th and 7th years?

Don’t forget the 3% escalator that comes with the Companies option to extend to years 4/5, is on top of the pay scales - published in the contract -which contain a 3.5% annual increase. Take a look at the year 4/5 salary tables that the union posted today.

If you add in the increases that come on January 1, 2011, when slide to parity goes away and the compounding interest, I think the union's claim of an average 38% raise over five years makes sense.

Also I looked it up on the Bureau of Labor Statistics web site and CPI has been at 2.6%.

Since I’m certain you plugged your own numbers into the salary calculator, the union provided, I’m wondering where the confusion comes from?

Or is there an agenda of some type?

Last edited:
Spoken by somebody that couldn't find a federal register entry or preamble if it was tatooed on him. Yes, I find that funny.

What I also find funny is your esteemed union president finding it necessary to lower himself to lobby on a message forum for the ratification of a tentative agreement. It should stand on it's own, if it's good enough and he has the confidence in it, it should take care of itself.

Well, Bob...see, I know who you are...but I highly doubt the reverse is true...

Also, if you would have looked at my data, I voted with my feet out of the industry, primarily because of the actions of well-meaning, but politically clueless individuals, such as yourself. While I know Mat personally, and we were on good terms while I was FLOPS pilot, he is not my President.

Last edited:
Hey ITFL.....I'm just asking this question for informational purposes only: Here are the inflation rates for the past 7 years.
09 -0.34
08 +3.85
07 +2.85
06 +3.24
05 +3.39
04 +2.68
03 +2.27

Does the FLOPS TA give a COLA to compensate for inflation, or will all those 3.5% annual increases simply be eaten up by the increases in the cost of living? Thanks for the info.

Latest resources

Back