To all members in good standing of IBT Local 1108 that frequent Flightinfo.com:

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mat slinghoff

I know that many members of IBT Local 1108 frequent this message board and that some have even come to rely upon it for news, views and other information believed to be germane to our unique situation at Flight Options. I want each of you to consider whether the information you are getting here is accurate and whether it’s worth engaging in a debate about our Tentative Agreement (TA) outside the Union’s official message board and our Flight Options pilot family.

Consider that this forum is home to non-members (who can’t vote on the TA), some former members of the Union’s leadership, who have political axes to grind with your Union’s current leadership, and pilots from other companies, some of whom would like nothing better than to see us fail in our efforts to reach a ratified collective bargaining agreement. These are individuals who may not fully understand the TA’s language or its provisions or may have an unfriendly agenda. Remember there is a reason people come to an anonymous message board, like this one, to post their opinions.

If you are a member-in-good standing of Local 1108, I urge you to go to the official 1108 website, read the entire TA carefully and direct your questions, opinions and comments to a member of the Negotiating Committee or Executive Board. Do not rely on rumors or interpretations, posted here, from, well, only God knows who, since the authors of almost all the posts on this message board hide behind fictitious names.

There is a Q&A forum on the 1108 website where your questions will be answered in a timely fashion by members of the Negotiating Committee. We will treat your questions with respect and answer them honestly, openly, as factually and forthrightly as possible. Of critical importance, you will know who is providing you with those answers and can hold them accountable. It is vitally important for you to understand what you will be voting on based on fact, not speculation, conjecture, politics, mal-motive or hidden agendas.

Once again, congratulations to all Local 1108 members. Your support and solidarity was the key to reaching this milestone TA for our first pilot contract at Flight Options.

Fraternally,
Capt. Mat Slinghoff, President
IBT Local 1108

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that it might be premature to call this a "milestone" TA, as its neither been ratified or rejected.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that it might be premature to call this a "milestone" TA, as its neither been ratified or rejected.

As a tentative agreement for a potential first contract at Flight Options, it is by nature a milestone. If it is ratified, it will become a milestone collective bargaining agreement.

I see you're not posting as "GerryG" today.

Dear Matt,

With the pitiful contract you negotiated for the FLOPS pilots I ask that you remove the claim on the ibt1108 web site that you are "The leading union in private and business aircraft representation." We all know that title belongs to NJASAP.

... Do not rely on rumors or interpretations, posted here, from, well, only God knows who, since the authors of almost all the posts on this message board hide behind fictitious names....

What a dic

See the portion of the OP quoted above. If he is going to be a hypocrite, I'm going to call him on it.

Don't worry Mat, I have no designs on your position as the IBT 1108 president, and no agenda other that to help make sure we get the contract that we are entitled to. I'm just presenting things from a different perspective and calling it as I see it. I still support the 108, but I just happen to think we could do much better.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back