To all members in good standing of IBT Local 1108 that frequent Flightinfo.com:

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Be careful what you ask for.

He contributes to the economy, helps his employer make a buck, and puts food on the table for his family. What about you ?

I've dedicated an entire career to keeping your butt and those passengers you carry safe in the airplane. Doesn't make any difference what airline you are with or what part you fly under my efforts have made a difference throughout the industry, especially for the the fractionals.

You?

A quality T/A doesn't need to be sold. It's clear this needs to be sold.

Be careful what you ask for.

lol

fcking funny right there.

Yes... it's funny, and I share your humor with the absolute truth as always. Next time you reach for that title 14 book of magic, rest assured that my words lie within and help make you safer every single time you or any of your radical friends fly.... I've made a positive difference in your life and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it. Deal with it.

Yes... it's funny, and I share your humor with the absolute truth as always. Next time you reach for that title 14 book of magic, rest assured that my words lie within and help make you safer every single time you or any of your radical friends fly.... I've made a positive difference in your life and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it. Deal with it.

Congratulations... but just don't throw your shoulder out of joint trying to pat yourself on the back.

Last edited:
This is the most arrogant, self-righteous, ego-inflated statement I have heard since I acidentally stumbled across Rush Limbaugh on the radio last summer.
Let me ask you something B19, are you trying to change people's minds, or just score points? If the former, it is wise to first establish some kind of a dialogue before you present your arguments, and then present them in a manner that your audience can relate to. You need to show them that you care about them, and that you can appreciate their point of view.
If you are just trying to score points, then you sound like a partner in a bad marriage. Just for fun, and in keeping with your level of manners, I'll take the opposite side! SHUT UP!!!!!

Last edited:
Oh, I see. So if its rejected, is it not a milestone? Its a major step in the process no matter what happens. And the next TA will be the "new" milestone? Another...is more fitting.

I'm so confused....

Considering that by definition a milestone is an important event and a significant point in development, the present TA, regardless of opinions about it, does represent a lot of hard work and determination by the Options pilotgroup and their families. Their progress to date is to be commended, especially since they had to stand up for themselves while management's foot-dragging was matched only by their lack of respect and broken promises.

Flight Options pilots/families, congratulations on reaching this point! You will now have the opportunity to have a direct say in your career. While you debate the pros and cons of your first TA, relish the fact that you are debating and will be voting. That is an accomplishment in and of itself.

Applauding your milestone,
Netjetwife

.... I have no selfish motive in this, only the interests of the pilot group as a whole. In fact I have the interest of the entire industry in mind here. How do you think the pay in this TA (if ratified) will play out for the future of the industry? I'm thinking not too well. Lowering the bar this far, even in the current economic climate, will probably hurt the industry for many years to come. If you look back at my history of posts, I am sure that you will find that I have been supportive of the IBT the entire time. Same for me. I began encouraging the other fracs to make a stand shortly after I began posting here. I still support the IBT, with the exception of this TA. .... I still happen to think that voting "NO" will be in their best interest in the long run. ... The pay vs. duration equation doesn't balance. .....

This very closely mirrors my own thoughts. Likewise, it appears that a number of the other details are also too slanted in management's favor. I'm not surprised considering the treatment Options pilots have historically received from them.

So what you’re basically saying is that because the Executive Board decided to allow only members in good standing to vote on the TA you decided, rather than paying your dues, to undermine the whole effort with an in-house union drive while the Negotiating Committee was at the table engaged in hard bargaining? When you say “unite the whole”, what you really mean is “give something for nothing”, do I have that about right? And the 70 “deserved to be fired”? Is that right also?

By taking stances like that (as a well-known leader of the in-house movement), you’ve just gone a long way to ensuring this in-house you’ve been peddling never takes root. Thanks.

Oh, and by the way. Since you are clearly not in good standing and therefore can’t vote on the TA. We don’t really care what you think, because as a non-MIGS, your opinions carry no weight.

Between you and billy on holiday you guys seem to have a problem with reading comprehension. You must feel some guilt as a member of the 70 who deserved to get fired not the members of the 70 who were innocent pawns. You'll never make it as a psychic.

Next time you reach for that title 14 book of magic, rest assured that my words lie within and help make you safer every single time you or any of your radical friends fly....

Are you also the guy who invented the intermittent wiper?

Good thing your buddy Al Gore invented the internet so you can tell everyone how awesome you are.

You rock!

Well.....you got a long way to go. I invented the MBA and the strip bar.

your apology is accepted.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back