Time Building in a B727

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey TurboS7... what the heck is a B738?

No need to pay for it. I know of a certain airline that hires FO's with 1000-1500tt to fly 727's. They hire FE's with little more than 250tt. The last class of FO's FE's comprised 11 people. Only one had more than 1500tt.:eek:

Gotta luv the 27-200- my fav bird of all time.... At PHL today got a great view of a Delta 27 during the taxi out- (best part of the trip)-lol..too bad you can't marry one ( more thrust for the buck)- no "whining" either.....

350 cheers

To the 27 drivers- Are the systems really that "difficult" to "initially" learn & comprehend?

by the way other than Sig Flight Support in (LAS) Atlantic Aviation (PHL) has some of the best "hotties" that work there- gosta go there more often......

B738 = Boeing 737-800

similiar to 744 = 747-400

or 756 = 757/767 (one type rating for both)

Chunk

The 27 panel and systems are childs play compared to the DC-8.

re:SimCenter

Hawk, Have you gone through the program? I am looking to go pro in about a year and Sim Center was recommended from a friend of mine (just graduated from GulfStream Academy). I am really not interested in going the turbo prop route. Definitely want to get the jet time right off the bat, especially heavy lift.

As for those who frown on paying for your time, piss off. Building
time as a CFI when your in your early 30's is ridiculous. Flying that 152 for 2000 hrs is really going to make me valuable.

Cheers.

Sim Center

thanks for the reply Blueline. The cost for the program is 13k. As a FO, you recoup 9k (at $45 per flight hr.) I tihink it's a good deal compared to 20K at Gulfstream with 250 hrs in a 1900D.

Cheers

Hey, ILSRWY15... Building time as a CFI in your early 30's is not as rediculous as you might think (that's what I did). Get some multi-time, if you don't have it... via multi-instructor... or whatever you can find... then go to a commuter... They hire low time pilots. By the time you're in your late thirties you should have at least 1000 hours PIC turbine in a 121 airline. THAT'S WHAT THE AIRLINES WANT TO SEE! Not 200 (bought) 727 hours in the right seat! I cannot over emphasize this fact. Buying right seat time is worthless (in this country). I tried to get around the turboprop-commuter route via the 727 flight engineer route... and guess what...upgraded to FO in a year then got furloughed from that company and never made captain....Got furloughed from the next jet job and never made captain... Now getting furloughed from my present job and never made captain. Now at 42 years of age with over 6000 hours of flight time but no turbine PIC time, I DO NOT meet the minumum (competative) qualifications for many airline jobs...I'd sell my Embry-Riddle BS Degree for 1000 hours of PIC turbine. Anyone interested? Oh well! You'll have to make your own mistakes. Just trying to help. Good luck!

Lets see.....I have about 13,000+ hours of PIC time of which 4000 is in heavy jets. I have 4 years of college but no degree.... there has got to be a way to make this work.

Re: re:SimCenter

ILSRWY15 said:
I am looking to go pro in about a year and Sim Center was recommended from a friend of mine (just graduated from GulfStream Academy). I am really not interested in going the turbo prop route. Definitely want to get the jet time right off the bat, especially heavy lift.

Please, please, please tell me this is flame bait.....

Latest resources

Back