• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ties

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Clip On...no chance of hanging myself if I ever have to go out the escape hatch.

Seriously, I'm just too lazy to tie a tie. I'd rather spend the extra 5 minutes in the morning watching the Girls Gone Wild Infomercials before catching the van to the airport.

Last edited:
Way2Broke said:
Hmmm, apparently you have never had a Chipotle Burrito. Much better than a Zipper Tie.
oh, heck no!! dont' get me started. that stuff is GARBAGE! although, you DO get a lot of garbage for your money, i'll give ya that....

Zip-on ties, hands down. Can't stand clip on ties. Not so much that it's a clip on tie and looks cheap, but with a zip-on I avoid having to always keep the top-button buttoned, making it way easier to breathe. You can loosen it when the situation warrants, and it goes on quickly at 4:30 in the morning. I read an article a few months ago saying people who loosen their ties actually live longer, so that's the way I'm going.

flyer172r said:
it goes on quickly at 4:30 in the morning. I read an article a few months ago saying people who loosen their ties actually live longer, so that's the way I'm going.

I've read an article that people who don't get up at 4:30 in the morning actually live longer too. Just kidding, I'm just not a morning person, anything earlier than 8 is "getting up early" for me.

I still use a regular tie, and as long as I'm wearning one of my "comfortable" shirts (I have 6 on the go right now, all Van Huesan Aviator Short Sleeve, 17.5 neck, but I swear, one of them has a tighter neck than the other 5, and it's random which one I pull on in the morning), I can leave my tie pulled up all day. Maybe I'm a dork, but I still wear my hat too.

91 said:
I've read an article that people who don't get up at 4:30 in the morning actually live longer too. Just kidding, I'm just not a morning person, anything earlier than 8 is "getting up early" for me.

Ah, if only I had a choice in the matter. Didn't get up until 11 today, gotta love days off :cool:

cforst513 said:
oh, heck no!! dont' get me started. that stuff is GARBAGE! although, you DO get a lot of garbage for your money, i'll give ya that....

Boy, those are fight'en words. :angryfire lol

haha!! chipotle uses the same USDA Grade R kangaroo meat that mcdonald's uses. i heard they were owned by McD's. no surprise. i find both joints to be... less than appealing, we'll say. i've eaten at Chit-pot-hole once and not at the golden arches since i was 11.

Have you ever eaten at MOE's burritos? There is just something about a burrito as big as your head, no matter the grade of the meat! I wish I could avoid McDonalds, but sometimes that is the only thing open on the way to work at o'dark thirty.:puke: The best mega-tron burrito of all time can be found at a place called FREEBIRDS in College Station, TX. I think there is another one in San Antonio, but I have never been to that one. http://www.freebirds.com
-Another useless post- :beer:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back