Ties

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Way2Broke

Real, Zip-ties, or Clip-ons. What do you wear? Sorry, I couldn't help myself after reading threads on shoes, socks, underwear, and bags. Next time you board passengers why don't you tell them, "Hi, I fly a big regional jet, but I can not dress myself." Give me a brake. The only thread even remotely close to being useful was shoes. There went my two cents. Now I'm broke again!

Last edited:
ZIPPER TIE. I will never go back. Clip on ties look like ass, and regular ties can take (me anyway) three or four attempts to get the knot halfway decent and the lengths right. Zipper tie has a "knot" that looks good, cannot shift like a clip on, and are easily loosened once the door closes.

Hmmm, apparently you have never had a Chipotle Burrito. Much better than a Zipper Tie.

I used to have a zipper tie but left it in a hotel in NYC along with my ALPA pin. Now I had to go back to my real tie with no pin, and it takes me 2 or 3 tries to get it right.....

I just loosen the tie and slip it on next time I need it. That way I don't have to tie it every time. Works O.K, the problem is it kind of wrinkles.

The zipper sounds like the way to go.

regular ties can take (me anyway) three or four attempts to get the knot halfway decent and the lengths right.

Thats half of what it takes me! If not for the zip tie, I would always be late for work.

Latest resources

Back